Rad Rover battery issue

curt

Hi, New to this forum and ebikes. My former tenants left behind a Rad Rover. Not sure what year it is. How do I tell? I looked at the 2019 owners manual. Bike appears to be a 2019 model. Judging from the picture in the manual.

Issues: The battery is dead, no lights, and the display will not turn on. Do not have the key to turn the battery on. The Key Identifier code icon on the battery is F14. Where can I purchase a key and charger for this battery?

Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to provide.
Curt

You'll pretty much have to check with Rad. The bike is no good without the battery and the battery is proprietary.

TT

Curt, be aware that somebody with a stolen bike may be asking those same questions and understand the reluctance to answer them.

Curt, be aware that somebody with a stolen bike may be asking those same questions and understand the reluctance to answer them.
Thank you Mr. Hicks. Didn't think of this.
I'm new to this forum/ebikes. How can I show prove that the bike is not stolen?
Curt

The key has 3 positions. You can charge it in any position.
  1. Battery remove
  2. Off
  3. On
I only key my bike off when I leave it unattended, otherwise I just power ON/OFF it using the center button.

If the previous owner did not not leave in position 1 or 2. You can ride it but won't be able to remove the battery.

If it's On Check the battery level using the LEDS button on the top.

If its dead you can charge the battery without the key, there are quite a few aftermarket 48 volt Li chargers out there.

So charge the battery, it should take about 5 hours or so. If it takes much longer time or does

Rad will want the ser # of the bike, it's stamped on the frame under the RAD badge at the front. They will also want original purchasers name, maybe give them the tenants name. If you are still on good terms with your tenant they might provide an email confirming your ownership. If they are listed as owners not sure how you proceed.

Re: aftermarket chargers, please note that among 48v LiPo chargers, there are quite a few different charge jacks (where the charger plugs into the battery). You'll need to identify that type/size, and make sure the charger you're looking at is properly equipped - or plan on changing it.

1. Battery remove
  2. Off
  3. On
I only key my bike off when I leave it unattended, otherwise I just power ON/OFF it using the center button.

If the previous owner did not not leave in position 1 or 2. You can ride it but won't be able to remove the battery.

If its dead you can charge the battery without the key, there are quite a few aftermarket 48 volt Li chargers out there.

So charge the battery, it should take about 5 hours or so. If it takes much longer time or does

Rad will want the ser # of the bike, it's stamped on the frame under the RAD badge at the front. They will also want original purchasers name, maybe give them the tenants name. If you are still on good terms with your tenant they might provide an email confirming your ownership. If they are listed as owners not sure how you proceed.

Ex PatBrit: Thanks so much for this info. Very much appreciated. I guess my next move is to purchase a 48v LiPo charger. where do you recommend me looking? Ebay, Amazon?
Curt

Re: aftermarket chargers, please note that among 48v LiPo chargers, there are quite a few different charge jacks (where the charger plugs into the battery). You'll need to identify that type/size, and make sure the charger you're looking at is properly equipped - or plan on changing it.

AHicks
Thanks for this information. Will be sure to try and get the right charger.
Curt
  1. Battery remove
  2. Off
  3. On

ExPatBrit: You wrote--"So charge the battery, it should take about 5 hours or so. If it takes much longer time or does"
Did you leave off the rest of this sentence?
Curt

I would suggest you give the battery a full charge to get started. And not trusting the battery, or the new charger, I'm thinking I would likely be nearby to monitor how things are going. Later, when you have built some confidence, I'm not nearly as cautious, but I know some are....

ExPatBrit: You wrote--"So charge the battery, it should take about 5 hours or so. If it takes much longer time or does"
Did you leave off the rest of this sentence?
Curt

Phone problems sorry

"does not charge". So it charges in a few minutes but isn't charged .

You might also look at Boltons spare keys option, he says the "blanks" operate the lock without cutting.:rolleyes:

There's a Nice Luna Charger for sale on the Classifieds.

Phone problems sorry

"does not charge". So it charges in a few minutes but isn't charged .

You might also look at Boltons spare keys option, he says the "blanks" operate the lock without cutting.:rolleyes:

There's a Nice Luna Charger for sale on the Classifieds.

ExPat Brit: I ordered a replacement key from Bolton. It came and I was able to unlock the battery from the frame. I contacted the guy selling the Luna charger but it was sold. Im kinda lost where to buy the right charger. Too many choices available. I read that Grin Cycle Satiator is compatible. Have you any recommendations on where/what charger to get? Thanks for any help you may be able to provide. Also there appears to be a silver on/off button, right next to the key port. See attached photo. What is this for? Looked a t the RR site but couldn't find anything.

Attachments

• 1f66fuo0nx1uv.jpeg
    1f66fuo0nx1uv.jpeg
    16 KB · Views: 482
Hi, New to this forum and ebikes. My former tenants left behind a Rad Rover. Not sure what year it is. How do I tell? I looked at the 2019 owners manual. Bike appears to be a 2019 model. Judging from the picture in the manual.

Issues: The battery is dead, no lights, and the display will not turn on. Do not have the key to turn the battery on. The Key Identifier code icon on the battery is F14. Where can I purchase a key and charger for this battery?

Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to provide.
Curt
Hello , you can get a blank key at Bolton Ebike I saw it in one of his video they are all the same ... it happens all the time people often lose their key and they need replacement

Back