Rad mini fenders

Just got a set of fenders for my radmini from my wife..... thank you very much.... but don't need them. I'm a fair weather rider only.
Still in the box.... anyone want to buy them? We're near San Francisco
Thanks,
Bruce
No chance these are still available are they?

The RadMini and RadRover full coverage fenders are manufactured in Seattle by a 2nd generation military manufacturer using high quality materials, so the price is higher than the conventional steel or DIY fat bike fender options out there. Every part including the custom stainless L brackets and formed TPO plastic is made in the USA. Hope this sheds some light on the price being higher than our standard fenders!View attachment 12163View attachment 12166View attachment 12169

Mike,

Any possibility this company has any stock left over for a Radrover?
The quality seems to justify the cost.

Mike,
CC067177-7D8E-4951-BC9C-BA5090E47681.jpeg

Any possibility this company has any stock left over for a Radrover?
The quality seems to justify the cost.
Mmmm maybe, if you don’t live in the hot SW...
Here’s a pic of what my RadBurro fenders looked like after their first day out in NM sun. I don’t mind, there isn’t really a purpose for the rear fenders other than to mount the rear lights, and now they include a light kit for the cargo box. That’s a much better solution.

Mmmm maybe, if you don’t live in the hot SW...
Here’s a pic of what my RadBurro fenders looked like after their first day out in NM sun. I don’t mind, there isn’t really a purpose for the rear fenders other than to mount the rear lights, and now they include a light kit for the cargo box. That’s a much better solution.
It's my understanding that the fenders made by the Seattle company do not melt in the sun however they were considered too expensive by many so Rad switched to an offshore supplier which unfortunately had the problem of melting in the hot sun so Rad pulled them from their stock and is now working on a better replacement which is why they're out of stock. I'm just curious if there are original Seattle made ones left.

It's my understanding that the fenders made by the Seattle company do not melt in the sun however they were considered too expensive by many so Rad switched to an offshore supplier which unfortunately had the problem of melting in the hot sun so Rad pulled them from their stock and is now working on a better replacement which is why they're out of stock. I'm just curious if there are original Seattle made ones left.
Yeah, today they placed an order for other fenders that are supposed to have something that protects them from UV damage. I have to say, I’ve been treated exceptionally well by RadPower (they’re replacing a console that was stolen from the trike the day I put it together- I didn’t expect that!) so I have absolutely no complaints with the company, they respond to problems like this. I hope I can fix this trike and ride it soon!

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

These are the same standard fender types sold by RAD in the past. Excellent quality that holds up.

I use my Ebikes for commuting to work, and it's been raining a bit in San Jose, CA...so fenders were on my list.

I originally planned on using my Sondors Thin with fenders, rack etc as my winter commuter, but the thin higher pressure tires gets annoying with all the pot holes, detours across rail road tracks and other bumps in the road.

The RadMini's 20x4.5" road tires are much more comfortable.

Pics of my Radmini with Sunlite 20x4.5" tires & radmini fenders:

I ordered a Sondors Fat tire fenders (about 50 bucks and metal) from Lunacycles before the RadRover & Radmini fenders were announcted.
  • Radmini: Everything went together well, the hole that Radpower noted might need adjustment (drilling), needed adjustment, so it wasn't 100% no troubles, but it does fit together well
  • Radrover: Finding a way to mount the fender to my Rover was a pain, had to get p-Clamps for the from fork and the fit isn't good with Hookworms on the wheels, so I'll be removing them soon.
$160 is worth it to me to be able to get to work using the radmini instead of driving.
  • Gas per week = 30-40
  • Riding for the past 2.5 weeks.
  • Money allocated to Gas being deferred to fender, so they'll be paid off soon anyway.

Sang

Hey Sang,

how do you like these fenders for the RADMINI?
Are they pretty stable and keep the dirt/wet mud off pretty good?
I need to get some at least in the interim as I just received my bike and starting to commute with it.
Thank you!

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

These are the same standard fender types sold by RAD in the past. Excellent quality that holds up.

Hey K,

Same questions to you:

How do you like these fenders for the RADMINI?
Are they pretty stable (rattling or loose?) and keep the dirt/wet mud off pretty good?
I need to get some at least in the interim as I just received my bike and starting to commute with it.
Thank you!

Back