R&M superdelite HS suspension adjustment help needed

eaphoto1988

Region
United Kingdom
Hi all. Need urgent help to help set up my ebike.
Went to a service shop and not happy how they set it up. Done a test with a full load (going to a long trip with a trailer end of the month) and had to switch off my rear fox suspension. Not sure what they have done, but what would be the best settings for full weight - 140kg load. Shop said that bad adjustment could brake it... Air psi is 200 now and would like to reduce the travel since it hits my back mud guard hard. Unfortunately I can't take off the mudguard... I was told I am not allowed to take back wheel because of the carbon belt set up and I would need to do that in order to take the mudguard off. Watched videos online and still don't really feel 100% confident how to and what is the best for heavy loads. Tried booking a service but since it is getting warmer, can't get a booking before I leave for my trip.
On a side note, for should I increase my tire PSI until I have no sagging while fully loaded?

200psi is way to low for 140kg, I believe the shock will say max pressure but should be around 300psi I think. the front fork has a chart for approx rider weight and PSI range. Rule of thumb for the rear shock is 10-15% of the weight in lbs, in psi. So 100lbs=115psi ish.

Rohloff bike? Rear wheel removal couldn't be easier on those. Can shed more light if needed.

200psi is way to low for 140kg, I believe the shock will say max pressure but should be around 300psi I think. the front fork has a chart for approx rider weight and PSI range. Rule of thumb for the rear shock is 10-15% of the weight in lbs, in psi. So 100lbs=115psi ish.

Rohloff bike? Rear wheel removal couldn't be easier on those. Can shed m andore light if needed.
Thx for the tip. I thought something was not right. Will look pump more air for max psi to match the weight.
My problem is that previous service mangled two screws on the automatic belt tensioner or whatever they call it. When I tried to practice how to take the wheel off, had issues and don't really want to risk it just before the trip. I asked them to replace because they were not like that before the golden service but they ignored it. The whole experience with them was a disaster and after I pay the bike off via cycling scheme, will sell it most likely. Had too many issues with it and still time to time in random moments I have vibration/rubbing loud sound. They said after testing no issues and blamed it on dirty carbon belt... Even though cycling home from them it started again. They also told me I am not allowed to change the carbo belt or have a spare one. Asked them to show how to change it since nothing online about it and I was told if I it snaps only them R&S will send a new one. It if snaps on the trip walk the bicycle to a service. If I get a flat - walk it to a service. If I run out of battery - charge it and I don't need a spare battery if I plan right. R&S will only sell a battery if they see that it is faulty or end of its life. I could buy one myself but they don't sell with covers, only R&S do. In general back wheel plus the carbon belt system is very hard for me to deal with. Watched a video but I could not get it to be loose enough and even after getting it off, was even harder to put it back on

The max PSI for your shock will be stamped on the side somewhere. It's probably 300 or 325PSI. Basic shock guidance is 1 PSI/lb (I just realized that simplifies to 1/sq in, ha). Anyway, 140kg -> 308lb, so your baseline shock pressure is probably about that. If you don't have a shock pump you'll need to get one. Consider one that goes to 400 or 600 because they're easier to pump at 300 :)

The max PSI for your shock will be stamped on the side somewhere. It's probably 300 or 325PSI. Basic shock guidance is 1 PSI/lb (I just realized that simplifies to 1/sq in, ha). Anyway, 140kg -> 308lb, so your baseline shock pressure is probably about that. If you don't have a shock pump you'll need to get one. Consider one that goes to 400 or 600 because they're easier to pump at 300 :)
Going to try in few minutes. I do have the pump. Funny that when I got the bicycle, seller told me they are giving me a tire pump. You can imagine how much "fun" I had trying to make it work until I Google the company and model xD

Thx for the tip. I thought something was not right. Will look pump more air for max psi to match the weight.
My problem is that previous service mangled two screws on the automatic belt tensioner or whatever they call it. When I tried to practice how to take the wheel off, had issues and don't really want to risk it just before the trip. I asked them to replace because they were not like that before the golden service but they ignored it. The whole experience with them was a disaster and after I pay the bike off via cycling scheme, will sell it most likely. Had too many issues with it and still time to time in random moments I have vibration/rubbing loud sound. They said after testing no issues and blamed it on dirty carbon belt... Even though cycling home from them it started again. They also told me I am not allowed to change the carbo belt or have a spare one. Asked them to show how to change it since nothing online about it and I was told if I it snaps only them R&S will send a new one. It if snaps on the trip walk the bicycle to a service. If I get a flat - walk it to a service. If I run out of battery - charge it and I don't need a spare battery if I plan right. R&S will only sell a battery if they see that it is faulty or end of its life. I could buy one myself but they don't sell with covers, only R&S do. In general back wheel plus the carbon belt system is very hard for me to deal with. Watched a video but I could not get it to be loose enough and even after getting it off, was even harder to put it back on
Wait, you mean R&M not R&S, yeah?

That's nuts that you can't get a separate battery, I stock them and we sell them in addition to the R&M battery covers. Sounds like the service is the problem, not the bike. Have you tried to find a different shop? The parts on the Superdelite aren't anything all that special, the Tern GSD R14 uses the same hub and belt drive, perhaps try and find a Tern dealer?

Back