Quoted Battery Range Standards

MikeBCO

Is there a standard (USA, EU, Global) for what manufactures quote on a single charge at the optimal conditions? i.e, what are those "optimal conditions".

No standard. It's the Wild West out there. But we've got a lot of collective experience here on the EBR forum, and I bet most of us would agree on something like this: a reasonable load (rider + gear =< 200lbs; fairly flat and well-paved road; no wind; temperature ~ 65°; tires properly inflated; battery freshly charged.

As if. I'd like to try that =<200 lbs myself.

Bruce beat me to it - its just crazy !! Wild west is exactly the phrase I was going to type as well. When you see guys zooming by cops doing 45mph in a 35 zone ON A BIKE you know we are definitely flying under the radar here. Luckily, we are all 6'-3", 180 lbs like me (just look at Bruce up there, what a manly man !!), and we ride flat hard pack with a tailwind ... both ways. So its quite easy to have a standard for battery mileage. *sarcasm detected*

So essentially, you can find a 90lb waif that has great pedal cadence and legs like a gymnast, and have her hypermile your bike, then post that as fact. I was stunned when I saw the max mileage of my Haibike given as 120 miles !! Who knows, it may be possible, but its all smoke and mirrors until standards are officially ratified.

Back