Quick-E+

@gorse I'm curious about your comment about the reach. Can you be more specific. Should it be longer or shorter?
Longer! These bikes have geometry stuck in the dark ages. There are numerous forum reports of riders complaining of head shake, esp with a loaded rear rack/pannier. If you ride down a hill and take your hands off you quickly realise you can get into a tank slapper with the slightest provocation. Longer reach, shorter stem and slacker head angle would solve the stability issues and allow more people to fit frames with a little tweak of stem length without resorting to 100mm stems that put body weight out over the front axle. The Fastroad has a reach of 404mm in L size with a 72deg head angle and 90mm stem. IMO it should have 450-460mm reach, 40mm stem and 68deg HA. It would be far more stable and still perfectly nimble.

(I have a bunch of mtb and road bikes, none have stems longer than 60mm or reach less than 440mm. My L size enduro MTB has 475mm reach, 40mm stem and 64deg HA. You can ride any of these bikes down a winding road without hands on the bar).

@gorse Aaah, I see. I did notice that scary to take your hands off the bars effect on my old Quick-E (same geometry as Fastroad E+ EX Pro). I must be a sucker for steep head angles and quick steering. I used to have a Suzuki TL1000S (aka The Widowmaker) motorbike which was famous for it without a steering damper !

I am intending on going for the Explore which has a bit longer reach 416mm and a shallower HA (69..I think)

@gorse Aaah, I see. I did notice that scary to take your hands off the bars effect on my old Quick-E (same geometry as Fastroad E+ EX Pro). I must be a sucker for steep head angles and quick steering. I used to have a Suzuki TL1000S (aka The Widowmaker) motorbike which was famous for it without a steering damper !

I am intending on going for the Explore which has a bit longer reach 416mm and a shallower HA (69..I think)
Fabulous motor on the TL, love big twins. Still got a moto?

So eventually I picked up a 2022 Giant Explore GTS 625 and rode it home. But something wasn't sitting right with me about it. Due to Covid and lack of stock, I hadn't had any opportunity to ride the Explore and the FastRoad EX back to back.

But basically I remembered how I felt riding my old Quick-E and the FastRoad EX Pro is a more modern version, with exactly the same dimensions. I realised that the Explore felt a little bland and boring but the FastRoad EX felt more fun and engaging. It was hard to put your finger on it - maybe it was to do with weight as I've never owned a bike with suspension forks before - I've always had rigid forks.

Despite the smaller battery and Pro motor which could make the FastRoad EX have less range, I decided to see if I could swap it out. I was very lucky that Bicycle Superstore in Mentone had a Large 2021 FastRoad EX (I knew as I had test ridden it previously) and since I'd only ridden < 10km on the Explore, they agreed to it, plus $300.

So I haven't noticed a huge number of changes compared to the Quick-E except the pickup on the Pro motor is awesome. Mine is still limited to 25km/h so that would be fantastic if I decide to de-restrict it. The through axle at the rear holds the wheel in a perfect position and the speed sensor is hidden. I also like the fact there are 2 sets of bottle cage bolts so I can use one to carry a BIG lock.

One thing that surprised me was that my wife's E-bike is a Kalkhoff with a Bosch Performance Line 65Nm motor and the Range in various modes was almost identical to what it was saying for the FastRoad. We'll see !

Anyone know the specs on the Quick-E+ (1) stem and (2) steerer? Thinking of replacing it with a REDSHIFT suspension stem and they have sizing for:
  • Stem lenth in mm and degree (6% or 30%)
  • Tube steerer size either 1/4 of 1/8
Rough sizing of the Quick-e stock stem seems 115mm but unsure about the steerer tube size.

Last edited:
Anyone know the specs on the Quick-E+ (1) stem and (2) steerer? Thinking of replacing it with a REDSHIFT suspension stem and they have sizing for:
  • Stem lenth in mm and degree (6% or 30%)
  • Tube steerer size either 1/4 of 1/8
Rough sizing of the Quick-e stock stem seems 115mm but unsure about the steerer tube size.
The time to pop the stem top cap off would be less than posting a question, but steerer tube is std 1.125" (31.75mm).
I run a 90mm 6deg Redshift stem with the lightest elastomer (they are designed for drop-bar roadies that have half their body weight hanging over the bar). Choose your length/angle based on fit, not stock part dimensions.

IMG_8522.JPG

So eventually I picked up a 2022 Giant Explore GTS 625 and rode it home. But something wasn't sitting right with me about it. Due to Covid and lack of stock, I hadn't had any opportunity to ride the Explore and the FastRoad EX back to back.

But basically I remembered how I felt riding my old Quick-E and the FastRoad EX Pro is a more modern version, with exactly the same dimensions. I realised that the Explore felt a little bland and boring but the FastRoad EX felt more fun and engaging. It was hard to put your finger on it - maybe it was to do with weight as I've never owned a bike with suspension forks before - I've always had rigid forks.

Despite the smaller battery and Pro motor which could make the FastRoad EX have less range, I decided to see if I could swap it out. I was very lucky that Bicycle Superstore in Mentone had a Large 2021 FastRoad EX (I knew as I had test ridden it previously) and since I'd only ridden < 10km on the Explore, they agreed to it, plus $300.

So I haven't noticed a huge number of changes compared to the Quick-E except the pickup on the Pro motor is awesome. Mine is still limited to 25km/h so that would be fantastic if I decide to de-restrict it. The through axle at the rear holds the wheel in a perfect position and the speed sensor is hidden. I also like the fact there are 2 sets of bottle cage bolts so I can use one to carry a BIG lock.

One thing that surprised me was that my wife's E-bike is a Kalkhoff with a Bosch Performance Line 65Nm motor and the Range in various modes was almost identical to what it was saying for the FastRoad. We'll see !
I just purchased a Fastroad E+ EX Pro in the large frame. Great bike, and it is really fast. I also own an Explore E+ 2, which I use for long rides. The Fastroad gets about 50 to 60 miles per charge, all in eco mode. I have noticed the 20nm difference in the motors. In Eco mode on the Fastroad, I never have to bump up the assist levels, no matter how tough the hill. With the Explore, I can get roughly 80 to 85 miles in Eco mode, but on some of the tough hills, I do bump the assist level up one notch (level 2). To me, both bikes are great, but have different missions. The Fastroad is a blast to ride, fun, sharp...the Explore is like an SUV that you take on a road trip. Enjoy your bike and stay safe.

The Fastroad is a blast to ride, fun, sharp...the Explore is like an SUV that you take on a road trip.
Yes, agreed. Well, lucky you having the choice ! Even though I started doing some longer rides last year, I couldn't quite give up the blast of riding the equivalent of the Quick-E. And some small improvements have made it more robust like the rear through axle. I haven't commuted on it yet as I am working from home permanently now but I'll get a chance this week to ride into Melbourne CBD which I'm looking forward to.

Yes, agreed. Well, lucky you having the choice ! Even though I started doing some longer rides last year, I couldn't quite give up the blast of riding the equivalent of the Quick-E. And some small improvements have made it more robust like the rear through axle. I haven't commuted on it yet as I am working from home permanently now but I'll get a chance this week to ride into Melbourne CBD which I'm looking forward to.
I am riding the FastRoad all the time now...lol, as the torque is addicting, and the bike just rides fast. It's my first 650b bicycle, and it is just blast on straightaways. I have also found it pretty easy to ride without assist, on level flats. Its really a great product, and for commuters...just perfect. Take care and ride safe.

Hey everyone, first time post here and looking for some info. I was unable to find this topic elsewhere.

I have a 2019 Quick E+. I had the rear wheel off and noted a hexagonal indentation on the inside of the drive-side chainstay. There is a hole in this indentation that goes through to the outside of the chainstay, which is plugged by a rubber plug.

What is this for? It appears the indentation is to hold a nut, but I can't find an accessory for this mounting location unless it's a secondary bike rack or something similar.

Pic attached for reference with area of interest highlighted yellow. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• GIANT QUICK.png
    GIANT QUICK.png
    293.9 KB · Views: 230
Hey everyone, first time post here and looking for some info. I was unable to find this topic elsewhere.

I have a 2019 Quick E+. I had the rear wheel off and noted a hexagonal indentation on the inside of the drive-side chainstay. There is a hole in this indentation that goes through to the outside of the chainstay, which is plugged by a rubber plug.

What is this for? It appears the indentation is to hold a nut, but I can't find an accessory for this mounting location unless it's a secondary bike rack or something similar.

Pic attached for reference with area of interest highlighted yellow. Thanks in advance!
Explore owner here from a similar vintage - the hole on mine holds the rear derailleur cable in place. Might just be a common frame component across models 🤷🏻‍♂️

IMG_20220708_141920.jpg

Explore owner here from a similar vintage - the hole on mine holds the rear derailleur cable in place. Might just be a common frame component across models 🤷🏻‍♂️

Thank you for the reply and that definitely makes sense, particularly if they're using the same rear triangle for the step-through models. Was hoping it was for something cooler! :)

Aloha I'm thinking of getting a 2019 Quick E the guy selling said its practically new, part of the display and test ride inventory with 300 miles on it, he has a bunch of bikes doesn't need it .. he's asking $2200, and comes with pannier bags as well.
Is this a good deal ? first-time buyer for me and what are the common issues with this bike or what should i look for ? I'm going to look at the bike on Friday Thanks so much

Im also looking at a
2017 Stromer ST2 they want 3K but I dont know
2022 Trek Allant 7s stagger they are on sale new for $3049.00
So any advice will do .......

Aloha I'm thinking of getting a 2019 Quick E the guy selling said its practically new, part of the display and test ride inventory with 300 miles on it, he has a bunch of bikes doesn't need it .. he's asking $2200, and comes with pannier bags as well.
Is this a good deal ? first-time buyer for me and what are the common issues with this bike or what should i look for ? I'm going to look at the bike on Friday Thanks so much

Im also looking at a
I owned a 2022 Trek 8s and loved the Bosch motor, but I hated the Cobi App and the Phone holder, so I sold it, and purchased a Giant Fastroad EX Pro. The 7s has the Purion display, which is too minimalist for my taste, plus there is NO Bluetooth connectivity with Bosch, so connecting my Garmins to it was impossible. I also own a Vado 4.0, which to me is the best deal going on ebikes. Hope this helps....

Im also looking at a
Sounds like a great deal. Got mine used for the same price of $2200 back in March 2020, with 100 miles on the ODS, mine came with metal panniers that I didn't use, and chose to buy regular panniers. Mine is still going strong without any issues. Last year did upgrade to a Redshift stem and seat post for comfort. I also have a Specialized Creo so that gets most of my usage, and the Quick-E still has relatively low mileage. That brand new 2022 Trek Allant 7s stagger does sound like a good deal though, since it includes a warranty.

The Stromer is out I wanted it because of the tech and the Omni App but the 2017 cant be updated to the new app so no go.
Also there is brand new from LBS 2022 Giant Explore E+ 2 GTS on sale for $2900

The Stromer is out I wanted it because of the tech and the Omni App but the 2017 cant be updated to the new app so no go.
Also there is brand new from LBS 2022 Giant Explore E+ 2 GTS on sale for $2900

I have owned the Giant Roam E+ and the Explorer E+, and both were good bikes with no issues. The 60nm of power on the Explorer was okay, but once I road the Fastroad EX....game over. The 80nm is noticeably stronger. The Explorer for $2900 is a steal though and I would probably buy that one, because it is new, and you have the warranty. Good luck....

View attachment 142559View attachment 142560
Here are pics of the 2019 Quick E !!! I'm going to get it on Friday he's asking $2200 and said he's firm on the price I'm thinking of offering 2K and see what he says.
What do you guys think is that price high ?? less than 300 miles
Looking at this site: https://www.bicyclebluebook.com/ I could not see the value of the 2019 Quick E, but the value of a 2018 in excellent condition is from $1486 to $1529......I believe $2200 is a little high. With that said, that bike does look good, and is basically new. Offer the 2k and show the share the site. Good luck.

Looking at this site: https://www.bicyclebluebook.com/ I could not see the value of the 2019 Quick E, but the value of a 2018 in excellent condition is from $1486 to $1529......I believe $2200 is a little high. With that said, that bike does look good, and is basically new. Offer the 2k and show the share the site. Good luck.
I had found that site before that's why I was asking the question because it said for 2019 it was $1790... that price is not correct for here in Hawaii because everything here is shipped in and it always adds $200-500 to MSRP even used ..... costs of living in paradise lol

Back