Questions For Watt Wagon Owners

Ebiker33

These are anecdotal questions.
How is peddling your bikes in 11th gear?
As this is the straight through gear for the Rohloff, it puts the least amount of strain on the Rohloff of any gear.

Could you do the bulk of you riding in this gear if you choose to, based on the power of the motor and how hard you need to pedal or how fast you want to go?

How is throttling on that gear from a dead stop ?

I know with the new system coming up it won't matter because Pushkar is looking after this issue once and for all.

I did a test ride back in the last summer in December. ;)

Pushkar said do not throttle from a complete stop. Give it a couple of crank turns before you throttle. Worked well in my ride. IMO, regardless of which controller we have, starting with throttle from dead stop is not a good idea with hubs, even if the new controller lowers the power.

I don’t think I noticed any big difference in the 11th versus higher gears though. My riding / cruising was at 13/14 with level 3PAS.

The one I rode was literally flying with the 1000W motor. The bike wasn’t fully loaded when I rode but may be someone can comment on how responsive the 1000w motor is?

I’ve ridden bafang ultra before and if you are loaded up, I increase the PAS assist level so the response is the same.

How is peddling your bikes in 11th gear? Peddling in 11th gear feels fine, but I'd like to posit that I actively shift gears depending on terrain and the speed or cadence I'm in the mood for.

Could you do the bulk of you riding in this gear if you choose to, based on the power of the motor and how hard you need to pedal or how fast you want to go? My quick answer is a "no." I live in a place that has hills.

How is throttling on that gear from a dead stop ? I wouldn't, and haven't tried throttling on a high gear from a dead stop.

I have to ask, why these anecdotal questions?

i ride in 11 a good bit, but also change gears all the time and not pas level so much

have not tried throttling in that gear from a dead stop, sorry

wanted to post back on this after more riding

my bike is heavy with all the stuff on it but i do not think i could make it single speed even running the pas up to 5 red, i am using the gears a lot

maybe one with the archon controller turned up higher like 2000....

Back