Questions for LEVA, ProdecoTech, Pete Prebus or Karel Kramer?

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hi guys! I'm at a LEVA training session at the ProdecoTech headquarters in South Florida and hanging out with a bunch of smart prominent guys in the electric bike space. If you have any questions just let me know and I'll do my best to get answers for you :)
  • Ed Benjamin - Director of Leva
  • Pete Prebus - Owner of Electric Bike Report
  • Karel Kramer - Editor of Electric Bike Action Magazine
ed-benjamin-leva-director.jpg leva-training-group-may-2014.jpg inside-a-geared-hub-motor.jpg direct-drive-gearless-hub-motor.jpg 18650-lithium-ion-cells.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks James! It's going really well, if you think of any questions feel free to reach out :D

It's always great to hear updates from the industry.
Hope it's been really informative and fun.

I am interested to hear what are the currently identified points for improvement in Bosh systems and are there new innovations for rear wheel motors?

I'd love to hear some thoughts about increasing top speed, now that battery technology has improved so much!! I wanna go faster!

Good stuff Court! Glad to hear your doing the training, I did it back in September and I have really benefited from it.

Hi guys! The training is through (I should have posted this sooner to get questions). They didn't talk much about the Bosch system, the instructor is not in favor of 20+mph ebikes (for legal liability reasons and how that might impact the movement for al of us) we did talk about how someday electric bikes might recognize the rider and integrate more gps and customizations (like motor sounds, lights etc.) mostly it was about diagnosing problems, understanding how batteries work and working as a dealer in the space. I learned a lot about what it means to be a dealer and made some great new friends :)

leva-training-friends.jpg

It was also really cool to tour the ProdecoTech headquarters and meet the founders. I asked them about future models (called out the battery position and lack of assist). They are working on both and should have some neat solutions out at some point soon. They are also working to keep the price issue on Amazon and eBay in check (this hurts dealers).

I spoke directly with many of their Florida dealers who loved the brand and thought they were amazing at honoring their warranty. I gained a lot of respect for them and their transparency. They have read my reviews and thought they were fair even though the ratings have been average for the rear-pack designs. I really enjoyed seeing the new Titanio 29er and also got to review a couple bikes that haven't been released yet ;)

Back