Questions About Your Vado 4 Experience

bbrebis

Region
Europe
Hi,
I read that Brose motors are less reliable than other brands, and they consume more battery power than other brands?
What is the battery range in normal conditions (just a few uphills, good road, not too windy)?

Do you find that motor more silent than Bosch motors?

Thanks a lot for your help :)

Cheers

Hi,
I read that Brose motors are less reliable than other brands, and they consume more battery power than other brands?
What is the battery range in normal conditions (just a few uphills, good road, not too windy)?

Do you find that motor more silent than Bosch motors?

Thanks a lot for your help :)

Cheers
2019 Como 2.0 3K plus miles, traded in on 2021 Vado 5.0 5K plus miles. Wife's 2021 Como 5.0 approaching 4K miles. 45 to 70 miles per charge. All good.

2017 Vado 5.0 (45 km/h) bought as new in November 2019. Over 13000 trouble free kilometres ridden. (Nowadays, the Euro name of this model is Vado 6.0). Totally silent. This specific model requires registering it and insuring as a moped. Other Specialized e-bikes are 25 km/h in Europe.

I would guess whatever you read about Brose motors being unreliable or inefficient was posted by someone trying to support Bosch by turning people away from Brose. I love my Brose motor and while I don't have the miles on it others here have, mine is 16 months old, ridden regularly, and as strong as an ox and as quiet as a mouse.

Back