Questions about Unused Connectors... what are they for? (ST1)

Septimus

Hey there,
New E-Bike owner, I picked up an ST1-(T?, S? not sure) about a month ago to make my incredibly hilly 26 mile round-trip commute possible by bike, and so far, I'm loving the thing, and have already set about customizing the crap out of it in order to make it "mine".

The other day, I noticed two unused connectors, and I was wondering if someone could give me an idea of what they were for.
The first comes out of the base of the frame, near the crank, and is a 2 pin connector with two black wires going to it. The second is 4 pin connector at the top of the battery chamber, and has two red, and two black wires going to it. I have attached photos of both connectors.

Also, has anyone been able to get their hands on a factory service manual for the bikes?

Thanks in advance!
RRBB.jpg
BB.jpg

Hey there,
New E-Bike owner, I picked up an ST1-(T?, S? not sure) about a month ago to make my incredibly hilly 26 mile round-trip commute possible by bike, and so far, I'm loving the thing, and have already set about customizing the crap out of it in order to make it "mine".

The other day, I noticed two unused connectors, and I was wondering if someone could give me an idea of what they were for.
The first comes out of the base of the frame, near the crank, and is a 2 pin connector with two black wires going to it. The second is 4 pin connector at the top of the battery chamber, and has two red, and two black wires going to it. I have attached photos of both connectors.

Also, has anyone been able to get their hands on a factory service manual for the bikes?

Thanks in advance!View attachment 20287View attachment 20288

For lighting and firmware updation.
One of them is also used for troubleshooting.

I thought the firmware update cable was the shrink-tube sealed guy that comes straight out of the motor hub.

Not sure but a lot of times eBikes have wiring/connectors that are configured for European speed limits. Once my tech found a disconnected cable and connected it thinking it had come loose in shipping. We discovered that the bike had been severely power restricted. We disconnected and the power came back. Stromer will answer the question for you so just give their tech support a call.

The larger white connector is for the front light that comes with the city kit, the smaller black connector at the bottom of the downtube is for the rear light that also comes with the city kit. I have the city kit and a cool feature is when you turn on the front light, the rear also comes on, and they both run off the bike’s battery.

The larger white connector is for the front light that comes with the city kit, the smaller black connector at the bottom of the downtube is for the rear light that also comes with the city kit. I have the city kit and a cool feature is when you turn on the front light, the rear also comes on, and they both run off the bike’s battery.

Thanks. I figured that was it, especially after I pulled the wiring out, and had a look-see. I ended up getting a mating molex plug, a dc-dc buck converter, and a handlebar-mounted switch. I also picked up a bright-as-heck chinesium bike light off of amazon that runs off of a remote battery pack. They are supposed to run of of an 8v battery pack made up of 4 sand-filled 18650's, but the light operates at 4v just fine (but pulls an amp), so I set the buck converter at 5.5, and also made a USB adapter. Now, I can either run the light, or charge my phone! Once loaded down, the converter drops to 4.95v, which is well in spec for USB charging. The buck converters were $8 for a 4 pack, the switch was $5, the light was $20, so now my stromer has a internal-powered light, and a USB charger for next to nothing. Only bummer is that I need to remember to turn the switch off, otherwise the buck converter will draw the battery down. I was hoping that the Stromer would have a switched supply for the light, one that turns on and off with the controller, but no such luck. It was a super easy mod, and one I'm glad I made.

Back