Questions about torgue and speed ST2

Phanes

So when I ride by myself I usually just have it on 3 all the time and I am really cranking enjoying the speed. However when I take my daughter with me in the pull along I only use 3 on hills most of the other time I am on 1 or 2. Because I am peddling easier, I don't want to fly along with her, I find that the engine is kind of lurchy. At the top of my peddle for a moment there is no torque from me so the engine cuts out. I assume this can be fixed with the adjust the sensor but I am not sure if I should turn it up or down?

What does engine setting do? Just make it faster?

I have found some bikes show this more than others. Call Stromer usa and speak to them, I do not want bias you ...I have this issue too, went away and came back, there is thread on this forum about this

I have found some bikes show this more than others. Call Stromer usa and speak to them, I do not want bias you ...I have this issue too, went away and came back, there is thread on this forum about this

Thanks for the advice I will give them a call.

I have noticed the same issue when using level 1 and 2. Not sure if there is a way to avoid this.

I spoke with technical support they said you can adjust it by turning down the torque sensor or just by dropping the bike down a gear or two when experiencing lurching.

So when I ride by myself I usually just have it on 3 all the time and I am really cranking enjoying the speed. However when I take my daughter with me in the pull along I only use 3 on hills most of the other time I am on 1 or 2. Because I am peddling easier, I don't want to fly along with her, I find that the engine is kind of lurchy. At the top of my peddle for a moment there is no torque from me so the engine cuts out. I assume this can be fixed with the adjust the sensor but I am not sure if I should turn it up or down?

What does engine setting do? Just make it faster?

To answer your specific question, you can adjust your torque sensor. The lower the number on the setting means the torque sensor is less sensitive and will be more forgiving of your less consistent cadence. If that doesn't help you may want to check your service menu and reset the torque sensor.

At the top of my peddle for a moment there is no torque from me so the engine cuts out. I assume this can be fixed with the adjust the sensor but I am not sure if I should turn it up or down?

As mentioned above, reducing the sensor-value will hide this effect somehow.

The better way is: Shift to lower gear. Pedal faster. Remember: Slow or fast pedaling at the same speed has no influence of the power YOU add to the Stromer.

Most of us are"mashers". We push on the down pedal stroke and coast on the up stroke. Practice by pulling on the up stroke while pushing lightly on the down stroke. You will find the more consistent your stroke thru the full 360 degree circle, the lurching you are experiencing will be eliminated. Good luck.

Most of us are"mashers". We push on the down pedal stroke and coast on the up stroke. Practice by pulling on the up stroke while pushing lightly on the down stroke. You will find the more consistent your stroke thru the full 360 degree circle, the lurching you are experiencing will be eliminated. Good luck.
I know I am a stomper!

after -paying for a higher (est) price bike it seems unusual to me that I have learn to pedal for the bike rather than the other way around. If this was a lower cost bike bike I might be more willing to accept this but it isnt...

I have ridden only 3 st2, mine was different and much more noticeable. When the problem shows the most it is when you stop putting out effort the power stops immediately. no coasting almost if it hit regen but not quite. You can see the power delivery stop completely on the display for that split second. when working smoothly it seems as though it is coasting which really is power delivery at lower amount. the point i stick to the most is different bikes are more different then from my experience than talk on the internet makes it seem.

For what it's worth I wouldn't say I've ever felt my ST2 'lurching' - the power has always felt pretty smooth.

Back