Question regarding medium size Rip Current S frame.

CodyDog

Region
USA
City
Colorado
Would the Medium size frame (16.5) be to small for a 5'11" individual? It appears that all the dimensions on M and L are the same with the exception of the seat post tube.

Last edited:
There are some differences between the RCS and CCS frames, but my impression is that as far as sizing, there is no real difference. So I can tell you that as a 5'10" person, the L frame is just OK. I kind of think I'd have been better off with an M. I'd like to have the extra inch of stand-over. The L is OK for me in that department, but not a lot of room to spare. This would depend a lot on your inseam rather than height, so I should say I have a 32" inseam. My brother, who is 6'1" but has a 31 inch inseam, would definitely prefer the M.

I am same height as Bruce and I agree with him. I wish I had gotten the M size instead of the L. I would possibly not have room for my present water bottle, is the only downside of an M frame for my 32 inch inseam. An M frame would would make it easier to let other people less tall than 5' 10" to try out my bike.

Ooops, that pun above was not intentional. But let it pass. An M would make it easier....

Here, she always does!

;)

Agree with Bruce and Reid. I actually debated trying to get a medium instead of a large because of their posts. I'm 5-10 as well and the large is fine, but the medium would probably be a better fit.

I have the RCS in Medium and am 5'9"ish

Because my usage is 90% on the rough, poorly maintained roads in my local I was always planning on getting both a suspension seatpost AND a more "crusier" style saddle. (Still trying to find a Saddle I like better than stock, and the Redshift seatposts don't happen until end-of-year)

So far the M is just fine for fit. I typically am riding about 40-90 miles a week with 14lbs of security locks + myself + side cages (WALD) + computer gear my bike is typically carrying 265-285lbs.

Best thing to do is measure your "standover height" and post that. Alternately, find a local bike shop who will do Assembly + Fit - and have them figure out what size you should order.

:)

And if you are ride with over 200lbs and over 15mph -- check your spokes every two weeks!

Back