Purchase Advice

mmelone1

Region
USA
I have read great reviews of the brand and looking to potentially purchasing a bike for my wife and I.
I live on the Jersey Shore and do not have any dealerships or ebike shops to test drive before making the
investment. I can do minimal repairs on my own, i.e tires, spokes, etc. How often is service work required
on the bikes?
Thanks
Mike

Per mile bikes typically require more than a car. The Lectric bikes are comparable to standard bikes. 2500 or more in tires and brakes depending on how you ride. Get a chain wear guage and replace the chain when it shows wear. A hub motor like the Lectric doesn't wear as much in the drive train so start checking the chain at 2500 miles too. The rotors are thin on a bike so they can get a little off center getting bumped. They can be bent back but watch some YouTube vids on it. I replaced brake pads at 2500 miles, tires at 3509, chain at 4k. Definitely learn and be able to replace a tube while out if you are tempted to go far from home, you will get a flat at some point. A 60+ lb fat bike is no fun to push. Fat tires are horrible when flat coming off the rim and such. Never had any electric issues. Support from Lectric is super, sometimes they mis-diagnose but they keep sending parts till it's resolved. It's a bike that does everything ok which is actually amazing since there aren't others that can do be ok at everything. Like a swiss army knife, does everything but not great at any of them. It really is the best first ebike and could very well be your last.

don't forget none of the bearings are sealed so they will need to be maintained more. if you ride in the rain and such even more.

I have read great reviews of the brand and looking to potentially purchasing a bike for my wife and I.
I live on the Jersey Shore and do not have any dealerships or ebike shops to test drive before making the
investment. I can do minimal repairs on my own, i.e tires, spokes, etc. How often is service work required
on the bikes?
Thanks
Mike
We will be very casual riders and your recap of what to expect was great!!!
Thank you for your response.

Even for casual riding you will want to accessorize, helmets, shoes, clothing, gloves and for the ebikes you will need lights if they don't have one also bell. Here by law you must have a bell front and rear reflectors to legally register your ebikes with the City it and County.
There are a lot of happy Lectric owners on EBR btw.
Happy riding.

Back