Proprietary bikes!!

tony234

Hey gang I love my Lectric XP!The company has been AWESOME with a few issues I had with my bike and have been very helpful. Now I’ve mentioned this before but now that I’ve been doing some longer rides and going deeper and deeper into the woods and trails and getting pretty serious.I am actually hitting a wall with proprietary bike companies..I love the idea of brand loyalty it’s just kind of what I’ve always done I find a company that seems decent and stick with them. But in the E bike world I’m finding it’s really hard to get all the parts you want for your bike( back ups)...Trying to find a bike company that will sell all the parts for the bike( when available) seems like a unicorn in the forest every company does this from rad to juiced. They offer minimal parts.I would like to see the controllers for sale the brakes for sale the PA S systems for sale seriously we should be able to have these options to keep our bikes running I had a controller go out on me a few miles away from my home and it sucked! 63 pounds plus gear was a total of an extra 87 pounds I was peddling on my bike....How cool would it have been to just a pull over grab some tools and swap out a controller(do an emergency change) that’s the cool thing about a proprietary bike just switch it out does anybody know of any company that has interchangeable parts that are readily available??? Does anybody know how to get controllers that match a proprietary E bike??i DONT Wanna void my warranty but just in case it becomes a situation where there’s never anything extra unless I absolutely need it...Once again I am very happy with the company. Just feeling like I really want to search around for that interchangeable system..Maybe kits?? Or Luna?

You plan on carrying an extra throttle, display, battery, controller, and chain when you ride? Just carrying a controller since it may burn out seems odd to me. I have friends to call when I break down. Luckily, only stranded for 45 minutes once when my Bafang geared hub motor failed on a generic bike and I had to wait for my wife to pick me up. Never thought about carrying an extra motor to swap in and get home. LOL

Yes! All the parts maybe not the motor Lolol!! I am going to be WAY in Eustis country (Maine) for camping trips by bike. I have carried more parts then that only dirtbike! And fixed it on the trail. Anhoo I wish somebody would!!!

I would tend to agree with rich c.
Sounds like you should start to consider adding a kit to a bike, that way you can have all the extra parts you can afford.

I would be surprised if Lectric doesn’t sell their controllers, it seems like most brands do

I don’t know anything about this company I have not looked at their bikes but their controllers are not listed under accessories or parts? I’m sure they will sell you one if you contact them

Hey gang I love my Lectric XP!The company has been AWESOME with a few issues I had with my bike and have been very helpful. Now I’ve mentioned this before but now that I’ve been doing some longer rides and going deeper and deeper into the woods and trails and getting pretty serious.I am actually hitting a wall with proprietary bike companies..I love the idea of brand loyalty it’s just kind of what I’ve always done I find a company that seems decent and stick with them. But in the E bike world I’m finding it’s really hard to get all the parts you want for your bike( back ups)...Trying to find a bike company that will sell all the parts for the bike( when available) seems like a unicorn in the forest every company does this from rad to juiced. They offer minimal parts.I would like to see the controllers for sale the brakes for sale the PA S systems for sale seriously we should be able to have these options to keep our bikes running I had a controller go out on me a few miles away from my home and it sucked! 63 pounds plus gear was a total of an extra 87 pounds I was peddling on my bike....How cool would it have been to just a pull over grab some tools and swap out a controller(do an emergency change) that’s the cool thing about a proprietary bike just switch it out does anybody know of any company that has interchangeable parts that are readily available??? Does anybody know how to get controllers that match a proprietary E bike??i DONT Wanna void my warranty but just in case it becomes a situation where there’s never anything extra unless I absolutely need it...Once again I am very happy with the company. Just feeling like I really want to search around for that interchangeable system..Maybe kits?? Or Luna?
None of this stuff is hard to find.. Try aliexpress. If you use the search engine provided on this forum I think you will discover this...Kinda like going on a motorcycle trip with a spare motor though. This stuff is surprisingly reliable...just saying..

Thanks, I am finding them 🤘🤘Ali express has been helpful it’s full reliability issues though. But hey!! It’s better than nothing. I always travel with a spares I like to have absolute back ups of the most important components Comptroller, pas systems,chains,I am currently making a kit to do a complete motor transfer in back country if needed(I like to do these things I go way out into the woods).I plan on making a dual motor hybrid with 1500 watt mid Drive and a have a hub drive in the back or the front I’m un-decided!!This is the beauty of electric bikes you can do whatever the hell you want!

Back