Prodeco Oasis Impressions?

Ray A Young

Has anybody seen or test ridden the ProdecoTech Oasis electric bike?

prodeco-oasis-electric-bike.jpg

Hi Ray! Thanks for posting this... I moved this to the Prodeco section, enhanced the image a bit and embedded a thumbnail to improve mobile accessibility (hope that's okay).

A few people have reached out to me regarding the Oasis but unfortunately I have not had the chance to view or test ride it in person. I'll try to provide some impressions based on images and specs I've reviewed and mix them with the experiences I've had with other ProdecoTech bikes.

First I searched for this bike on Amazon to see if anyone had left reviews. Unfortunately there's only one so far and it reads like marketing copy... which is to say it's very positive and bullish on ebikes in general. That's cool but doesn't lead to many insights or critical feedback. Also, the bike says "out of stock" so I'm not sure if it's just popular or what?

To me the Oasis is targeting the Pedego Classic Cruiser and Motiv Spark with its "Cruiser" label, upright positioning and swept back handlebars and twist throttle only design. Distinguishing characteristics include:
  • Price (this is misleading, it's the same price as the Motiv Spark and not much less than the Pedego Cruiser)
  • Weight (it weighs 62 pounds vs. Spark at 49 and Cruiser at 59)
  • Battery design (high up, rear mounted along with motor and no built in rack for storage - both the Pedego Cruiser and Spark win here, even though the spark has no rack, it does have braze ons and its battery is kept lower and more central for better balance)
  • Battery chemistry (Lithium Iron Phosphate LiFePO4 versus Lithium-ion with Cruiser and Spark, this means it will be heavier due to lower energy density but should age well)
  • Motor (offers 750 watts gearless vs. 500 geared on Cruiser and Spark, this may be similar in terms of torque but the direct drive may add resistance when coasting vs. freewheel on geared, the gearless may last longer as there are no gears inside but it's definitely more heavy)
  • Hydraulic disc brakes (a minor upgrade over the Cruiser and Spark's mechanical discs)
  • 8 speed cassette (the Cruiser and Spark both have 6 speed cassettes)
  • Lights (the Oasis has a built in red LED taillight along with the 2014 Pedego Cruiser both powered by the main battery pack while the Spark has none)
Everything else looks comparable here to me. Soft oversized balloon tires, plush sprung saddle, water bottle mounts (available on 2014 Cruiser and Spark). Having ridden ProdecoTech bikes the drawbacks were always battery rack design; it's just too high and adds even more weight to the rear, plus you can't mount anything to it! I do like that they're using two support arms vs. one on the older models. Also, some of their bikes have an extreme fork angle that feels squirrely to me. This doesn't look like an issue with the Oasis. The fork appears to be steel which might dampen vibration and that's a good thing. The entire Cruiser from Pedego is made with steel.

Hope this helps, I know it's not exactly what you were asking for :)

Thanks for that info. Hopefully you or someone on here will buy or test one and give us a report on it. It's looking more and more like I am going to get the Interceptor 2. Whoever sells me one will get some free press since I will have several videos on YouTube about it. My Outlaw has 1,000s of views on my Ray69camaro YouTube channel.

Cool Ray! Glad the info helped a bit ;)

I'd love to help you get an Interceptor but I'm not a reseller. What part of the country do you live in? Maybe someone here can recommend a good place to buy. If you go to the main EBR site I've got local shops listed on the right rail. You could check that out on the Interceptor Review or just go to Pedego's website and use their dealer locator.

Great video btw, I embedded it in your post above - hope that's alright!

You're the best Court. I may have an Interceptor deal almost done. I'll let you know if I get it. I'll will also leave links to your site in any e-bike videos I post this year if it's okay with you. Thanks.

That's awesome Ray! Hope it all works out. You can embed any of your videos here (or rather in the Pedego forum) along with stories and I'm happy to receive any cross promotion you're excited to share. I do this site to help people out and enjoy knowing that it makes a difference :)

Can't wait Ray, will it be arriving at a local shop or are you having it shopped direct like Fitz did with his City Commuter? Excited to hear how the process goes for you and see some updates when you begin riding!

There isn't an e-bike shop within three hours of where I live. I ordered from Long Island Electric Bikes and it is being shipped from Pedego's warehouse I suppose. I contacted two shops in Nashville and couldn't even get a reply from them. I've also talked to every bike shop in town and nobody is interested in getting into e-bikes.

I took it for a spin. It's comfortable it feels pretty solid. But the price is to high. 1700$ for a solid Frame with nothing other then bolts for a water bottle? Come on now prodeco. Also herd if something brakes on a prodeco bike parts are free for up to two years. But they don't tell you about the labor fees.
And the shipping is on us if we need to send to fl wearhouse.

Thanks!

Back