Paul Bunyan State Trail

Jim1348

Paul Bunyan State Trail, stretching 119 miles from Bemidji to Brainerd, is one of the longest rail-trails in the country, according to what I am seeing on-line. Has anybody on here ridden this trail? A group of us are nearby ATVing this weekend and I have seen a few signs in the area. My wife have been talking about getting a place to stay somewhere in the middle of the southern segment, riding a day or two on that and then finding a different place to stay somewhere in the middle of the northern segment and riding a day or two there.

Last edited:
Paul Bunyan State Trail, stretching 119 miles from Bemidji to Brainerd, is one of the longest rail-trails in the country, according to what I am seeing on-line. Has anybody on here ridden this trail? A group of us are nearby ATVing this weekend and I have seen a few signs in the area. My wife have been talking about getting a place to stay somewhere in the middle of the southern segment, riding a day or two on that and then finding a different place to stay somewhere in the middle of the northern segment and riding a day or two there.

I rode the entire 100+ miles when I set the Guinness Record back in 2016. This was a great experience and I rode through the night. You should definitely try this on an E-bike and it would be a very memorable experience.
I started late in the evening because it was a hot summer day and it is tough ride when it is 95'F outside but if you find the right time and day, it is a very enjoyable experience.

1687645438140.jpeg

1687645448493.jpeg

1687645464225.jpeg

1687645749924.png

Back