Problems with the latest software update

Xenon1313

Hi, I bought a Giant Fathom e + 3 Power 2019 a few weeks ago. On Monday, I was told that the RideControl app needed to be updated ... Every time I try to update, I get the following error message: Update failed. Try reinstalling the battery, or contact your dealer ...
Have tried updating about 50 times ...
The cell phone I use is the android system. Today I tried to connect and update with an Iphone, but there I was told that I had the latest update ...
When I reconnect my own phone, I get the same error message.
Has anyone experienced the same thing as me?
Prefer to avoid and travel to the dealership, as it takes 1.5 hours
I live in Norway.

Screenshot_20200611_010034_com.giant.gev.jpgScreenshot_20200611_010139_com.giant.gev.jpg

Last edited:
Hi, I bought a Giant Fathom e + 3 Power 2019 a few weeks ago. On Monday, I was told that the RideControl app needed to be updated ... Every time I try to update, I get the following error message: Update failed. Try reinstalling the battery, or contact your dealer ...
Have tried updating about 50 times ...
The cell phone I use is the android system. Today I tried to connect and update with an Iphone, but there I was told that I had the latest update ...
When I reconnect my own phone, I get the same error message.
Has anyone experienced the same thing as me?
Prefer to avoid and travel to the dealership, as it takes 1.5 hours
I live in Norway.

View attachment 55126View attachment 55127
There are several threads about this issue and the software update in general. I guess you didn't do a search? Lots of good info there.

Anyway, when I had this same issue it required going to the dealer to have them use their special software to update everything. I'd tried everything possible to get it working first. But the dealer worked his magic. Since then all works just fine.

I have not found this issue specifically in any other threads.
It seems that many have had a successful update. It seems very strange that there is no update on Ipone, but only on Android

Today I was at a dealership that fixed the software problem. I was very surprised when I got there because I thought it was a machine that had to be connected to a place down by engine .... But no, the update was done via bluetooth from a regular PC. He had been sent a USB dongle from Giant.
Seems this is very bad by Giant, as they could put out this app so ordinary people could download it even on PC and do it all themselves.
I had to pay NOK. 300.- about 25 pounds and had to drive 1 hour ..

I’m sorry to read your report regarding an update - I don’t think you have been well looked after by your bike shop.

I have 2 Giant ebikes. The oldest one is almost 2 years old and came up with a service icon on the display. I asked my dealer to look at it and he did a firmware update on the spot for free. It cleared the service icon and changed several functions, as expected.

I took my wifes newer bike in a month later and asked for an update and again, it was done immediately for free.

Thats what we should all expect from after sales support.

Maybe your dealer needs to be reminded that service doesn’t finish when you buy the bike.

Back