problems with shipping

My 2018 RadCity arrived in a banged up box. The chainring ( front chain protector ?) was bent. RAD sent me a new right crankset and i had an LBS install it and adjust the derailleur. RAD paid me back for the expense. Just sent in a picture of the receipt. I think more / better packing might have prevented the damage but who knows how far the box fell.

I will be getting my RadRover on Monday so far it has been to 10 difference stops I do not know if each stop the bike is unloaded and put in a different truck but if it has I hope it is not damage

I just got my Radrover delivered Friday by Fedex and the box had dings and big rip where the rear derailleur is (it was damaged). The handlebar had a big gash in it too.

You can see inside the box they only use a few small hard white squares taped to the box to protect the sides of the box which 2 fell off.

I opened a ticket this morning and hope they send replacements quick.

Attachments

• 63A7886F-A417-41EA-941C-DCC21E1604B5.jpeg
    63A7886F-A417-41EA-941C-DCC21E1604B5.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 447
  • 83E8C233-E748-4505-8F4E-B7FCC7BF2171.jpeg
    83E8C233-E748-4505-8F4E-B7FCC7BF2171.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 467
  • BA8C9678-AB24-45AB-9F7F-CCDE96DEE665.jpeg
    BA8C9678-AB24-45AB-9F7F-CCDE96DEE665.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 461
  • 0945D488-FE7C-45A4-86C6-E5031C048E7B.jpeg
    0945D488-FE7C-45A4-86C6-E5031C048E7B.jpeg
    936.9 KB · Views: 470
The box on mine looked a little rough, but the contents came through fine.

I just got my Radrover delivered Friday by Fedex and the box had dings and big rip where the rear derailleur is (it was damaged). The handlebar had a big gash in it too.

You can see inside the box they only use a few small hard white squares taped to the box to protect the sides of the box which 2 fell off.

Your experience is a very real and common risk when buying direct on-line. Since these ebikes ship 1 at a time, it doesn't matter whether its UPS or Fedex, the damage risks are very high. Dealers most typically will get at least 4 ebikes at a time, or more, and the ebikes ship together on a pallet, where there is a lot less damage and less risk. If the ebike OEMS spent a little more money on packaging, there would be less damage on these one-sy shipments. Double boxing, including thin ply wood on the sides between the boxes helps a lot, but Fedex and UPS are just brutal ways to ship a box of these dimensions, and the heavy weight.

Update: I contacted Rad on Saturday about the damages and got a reply today (Monday) that they already sent out the replacement parts and to send them the receipt for when Velofix makes the repairs which Rad will cover.

Gotta say... So far Rad Bikes and customer service is freak'n RAD!

I received my Rad bike a couple of months ago and the box was in great shape. The Velofix technician was shocked when he arrived at my home to assemble. He commented that a lot of boxes are basically destroyed in transit requiring returns or replacement of broken parts.

Update: I contacted Rad on Saturday about the damages and got a reply today (Monday) that they already sent out the replacement parts and to send them the receipt for when Velofix makes the repairs which Rad will cover.

Gotta say... So far Rad Bikes and customer service is freak'n RAD!

My experience with Rad customer service is extremely positive. Apparently their success has allowed them to grow in the amount of employees they have situated in Seattle. They respond quickly and professionally. Hope you get your ride on the road soon!

Received my RadRover in mid-July via UPS Air and the shipping box appeared unscathed. Bike looked okay inside the box but then I noticed the rear derailleur guard was scratched and the rear shifter cable frayed. Took the bike to my LBS after assembly to have him tune it up and he said the rear derailleur hanger was bent but he fixed it at no charge. However, the shifter cable had to be replaced. Upon RAD's request, I sent a copy of the receipt for the cable and labor and a refund was issued to my credit card. Couldn't have asked for a more pleasant experience. I definitely think more padding around the rear derailleur would have prevented the damage in the first place.

Back