Price increase - 2021 - 25% Chinese Tariff

The Massachusetts' "tax holiday" was not sponsored by Ride1Up.
https://www.mass.gov/info-details/s...ales tax holiday for,be exempt from sales tax.
Not sure how you got free shipping. Did they throw in the insurance as well?
I reasoned I'd already paid for a complete product which assumes 'serviceability', so if it came in unusable condition I'd simply return it.
I don't recommend taking that chance. Is $55 insurance worth waiting a months if the product was damaged? When I think about it now, I ask: Am I aware enough of the law, and willing to draw up the papers to take legal action if required? Yes, but it costs a lot more than $55 of my time, and more to consult with counsel. I'm busy, not the litigious type and it could have gone badly.
Not buying the insurance was unwise.:rolleyes:
Being R1U is located in the City where I live (no, I don't know anyone personally), my first reaction was "What's up with that tax free stuff for out-of-staters 🤔? I wanted to save $190.00 too."
I'm planning on a new bike, so this sounded like opportunity knocking. A new Prodigy? We're talking $155 shipping and $200ish Tax 🤩 and I like money, this company, their business and products. It set a prospective customer up for an unreasonable expectation.
It's outstanding my (Other) home state had a tax holiday. I grew up in Falmouth, later lived on Seacoast Shores; used to swim across the Eel Pond channel to Washburn Island and dig Cherrystones on my lunch break. Many fond memories.
Mass was so beautiful and wooded then, my huge family so filled with the American dream and "Can Do", the memories just flood back and I can still smell the Atlantic salt in the air.
Considering the traffic last I was there in '70's, getting up the 28 by e-bike must be lot's faster than driving.

Regards from the left coast.

Fn'F

Attachments

• 20210325_165615.jpg
    20210325_165615.jpg
    475.8 KB · Views: 216
Back