Powertube Covers

Twowheelxtc

Hi All

Ive got a Supercharger 2 ordered and am wondering how to cover the power tube frame openings when charging on a camp site, or riding with just one battery. Do the rubber battery covers just easily peel off or is there a R&M accessory made for hole covering?
Also if buying a non R&M Bosch powertube can the rubber cover be easily transferred over?

thanks for you advice.....

Andy

We recently ordered 2 R&M E-bikes and i asked our LBS (authorised R&M dealer) about battery covers for us while the bikes are on our bike rack in transit. We were told that "blanks" are not available yet, however you will get rubber plugs that protect the battery connections whilst in transit.
I'm embarrassed to say how many times I've watched video presentations of the Superdelite but one from Propel mentions covers or battery blanks will be available. Also, on the same presentation video he talks about the rubber cover and how it is now part of the battery so to me that sounds like it would be unwise to remove it from the battery as it may not create the same factory seal it had when it was shipped.

Thanks Theguvna........sound like some neoprene and Velcro might be my option for the near future until R&M get themselves sorted!

From the site webcurl provided and partly translated.

if still current: I have ordered two such covers for Superdelite, 39.99 EUR / pc. Not yet arrived, so I don't know if they're good for anything. (Translated from Google)

There is a part number on the screen shot so i will inquire with my LBS on Tuesday to see if it's a valid part number and if they can be ordered for the N.A. market.

Attachments

• Akkudeckel.png
    Akkudeckel.png
    94.2 KB · Views: 1,576
Last edited:
Well found thanks for that!

I’m in UK so will check with the bike shop too. I see that’s for the vertical battery but assume there is a version for the horizontal too.
Handy for transporting on a bike rack but It looks rather big to take on tour.

Well found thanks for that!

I’m in UK so will check with the bike shop too. I see that’s for the vertical battery but assume there is a version for the horizontal too.
Handy for transporting on a bike rack but It looks rather big to take on tour.
As far as i know all the R&M bikes in question use the 'Bosch Powertube 500 Vertical' for the top and down tubes, Powertube 500 Horizontal's are not used. I assume the cutouts on the frame are all the same for Delite, SC2 & Charger3.
This type of cover came about with people traveling at 160km/h+ on Autobahns, etc. and the old cover flinging open and getting damaged, also people that could not work out how to attach/detach the old cover properly.

Last edited:
From the site webcurl provided and partly translated.

if still current: I have ordered two such covers for Superdelite, 39.99 EUR / pc. Not yet arrived, so I don't know if they're good for anything. (Translated from Google)

There is a part number on the screen shot so i will inquire with my LBS on Tuesday to see if it's a valid part number and if they can be ordered for the N.A. market.
Reply from my LBS this morning:

Interesting... I haven’t come across those before. My Bosch distributer doesn’t have them listed as available accessories. Maybe R&M has them? I’ll send them an email inquiry and let you know!

Any further information i get i will post.

An

Reply from my LBS this morning:

Interesting... I haven’t come across those before. My Bosch distributer doesn’t have them listed as available accessories. Maybe R&M has them? I’ll send them an email inquiry and let you know!

Any further information i get i will post.

An
We picked up our Superdelites yesterday and our LBS was told by his Bosch rep the covers aren't available for the Cdn market yet. He suggested buying from an Eur supplier or wait until they become available. Not ideal for me but will have a look into it.

On a thread I just started, member Scott Eakin says he has ordered one of these now available Transport Covers from his dealer in the US.

My interest in the Transport Cover is to maybe modify it. The Transport Cover possibly has the same rubber cover and stiffener as the regular R&M Powertube cover, but with an additional structure to lock into the frame cavity. Remove that lock in part and it might slot onto an aftermarket Powertube to be used as a spare battery on my new Delite.

Has anyone seen one of these Transport Covers in the wild? If so, are you able to tell if this mod looks likely?

This is the cover my LBS provided me. It is a bit fiddly to get in place, not quite as well fitted as the battery but still good. I often ride with only one battery and so I am glad to have this. Had I known what the weather in North Carolina would be like this week I would have gotten two for traveling. As is, I performed a grand water retention experiment during 4 days of rain with the bike on the rack. Happy to say it seems well designed to drain away from sensitive components.

Attachments

• IMG_7925.JPG
    IMG_7925.JPG
    239.5 KB · Views: 1,249
  • IMG_7926.JPG
    IMG_7926.JPG
    296.5 KB · Views: 833
  • IMG_7927.JPG
    IMG_7927.JPG
    163.6 KB · Views: 701
  • IMG_7928.JPG
    IMG_7928.JPG
    163.1 KB · Views: 678
This is the cover my LBS provided me. It is a bit fiddly to get in place, not quite as well fitted as the battery but still good. I often ride with only one battery and so I am glad to have this. Had I known what the weather in North Carolina would be like this week I would have gotten two for traveling. As is, I performed a grand water retention experiment during 4 days of rain with the bike on the rack. Happy to say it seems well designed to drain away from sensitive components.
Cheers Scott, for the close-up photos. From the detail you’ve shared, it looks like if it’s possible to remove those rivets, then the Transport Cover (without the bright alloy part) would fit over a none R&M Powertube.

Up ‘til now I’ve been covering my additional bare Powertube with a Neoprene cover (Basil or Fahrer)... OK for UK weather rarely over 70°.

Thanks for your help. This could benefit lots of Delite and Charger3 riders who might want to carry extra Powertubes.

Last edited:
Back