Powerful Fat Tire E-bike w/ Torque sensor from Juiced Bikes

Yes, please take frame measurements for us God knows I've been trying to get frame specs from Juiced on multiple occasions through different channels and receive no response. You'd think frame measurements are kinda important for a bike company lol

I think I got a Large when I wanted the XL. I am 6'2 but the Large frame is actually fine for me, just have the seat post up high.
I think, all b.s. aside, I will probably buy a Hyperfat but I'm gonna give it about a year to get the bugs out. I think it will be a badass bike if Tora can hang. J.S.

I just took delivery of my bike from the LBS. The medium frame will work for me even though I ordered a large. Also juiced did not combine my rack order with the bike, so I’ll have to chase them about that as well.

The good thing is the performance expectations are spot on for the bike. I rode about two blocks down the street when I picked it up. Topped out at 32 mph without having to spin like crazy. It took effort to get there but it is sustainable at those speeds at my fitness level. I have a 9T motor with the 56t chain ring.

I just took delivery of my bike from the LBS. The medium frame will work for me even though I ordered a large. Also juiced did not combine my rack order with the bike, so I’ll have to chase them about that as well.

The good thing is the performance expectations are spot on for the bike. I rode about two blocks down the street when I picked it up. Topped out at 32 mph without having to spin like crazy. It took effort to get there but it is sustainable at those speeds at my fitness level. I have a 9T motor with the 56t chain ring.
0-25 is very easy, (I use the throttle so I don't have to shift gears as much) but 25 to 35 is where I get my workout! Hit 36 tonight, I think downhill. Also I weigh 200 lbs plus wearing leather and full motorcycle helmet.

Just measured my frame. 18" from bb to seat post, I ordered Large. What are the two flat 3d printed pieces with hex coming out of side that was packed in the bag with my keys?

Excuse all the junk and tools but here are a few observations:

1. Wire bead fat bike tires are crazy hard to take off. Just replaced the Kenda tires with Origin8 Captiv-8er. Installed tire liner, but will also deploy slime inside the tube.

2. There is no service disconnect for the motor, the wiring harness goes all the way to the controller. There is a multi-pin connector and a few soldered wired under heat shrink near the head tube. It won’t be impossible to fix a flat in the field, but it will be more challenging than a mid drive.

Attachments

• 711486FF-F509-42FC-B8C1-BB5C4FED4015.jpeg
    711486FF-F509-42FC-B8C1-BB5C4FED4015.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 500
Hi Tora, what up? Let me know if you have a 20 amp controller that will plug and play on my ocean current, I don't care if it doesn't fit in the frame, I will make it work. I would appreciate it. Thanks

1. Wire bead fat bike tires are crazy hard to take off. Just replaced the Kenda tires with Origin8 Captiv-8er. Installed tire liner, but will also deploy slime inside the tube.

2. There is no service disconnect for the motor, the wiring harness goes all the way to the controller. There is a multi-pin connector and a few soldered wired under heat shrink near the head tube. It won’t be impossible to fix a flat in the field, but it will be more challenging than a mid drive.
Man you have that seat way up there but them tires look good, they look like my speedsters I have on my ocean current but mine are 2.80x26, nice ride, low resistance.

I like the look of the rad rover full fenders. Can anyone confirm if these will be compatible with the HF? Or other recommendations, preferably less than 100 bucks? (Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

Hey, don’t want to be a downer this Sunday morning, but waited all week for this day. Suns out, 60degrees beautiful morning. Got about 3 miles out and bike stopped working. The thing will not stay on. Maybe on a flat surface or a downhill it will stay on, but as soon as I apply any torque it just shuts down. Anyone else experiencing this? I tried to keep it going on all powers leveles, even shut off torque sensor, nothing seemed to work. I guess I’ll contact Juice Monday morning. Big bummer.
Are you sure that your battery is completely locked in? I was riding a trail when I first got it and it cut out a number of times without the battery falling out. I finally stopped and unlatched the battery and locked it in securely with a good push and haven't had any problems since. I've now ridden 100 miles and some of that has been on some bumpy trails with jumps.

Are you sure that your battery is completely locked in? I was riding a trail when I first got it and it cut out a number of times without the battery falling out. I finally stopped and unlatched the battery and locked it in securely with a good push and haven't had any problems since. I've now ridden 100 miles and some of that has been on some bumpy trails with jumps.
Yep, battery in good and tight. Double checked it and all connectors. I pedal on a level surface okay, but as soon as I go up an incline, it shuts down. Also if I just give it the throttle without pedaling, it shuts down.

So I just took the bike to my first morning commute to work. around 5 miles. few tiny hills, but other than that just straight road.

Pros:
- The power - this is of course the main reason why everyone bought this bike. it's very easy to get to 30mph, with little extra effort to 31 or 32. I am in good shape, active sports guy.
- Gearing - really well geared, even at the highest speeds there is still a lot of resistance and it feels good
- Weight - honestly I though this thing would be way heavier than it is
- Agility - I think it's more agile than RadRover, easier to turn in curves

Cons:
- Geometry - I really don't like it. I feel I am way too stretched to reach handlebars.
- Stem and Handlebars - very connected to the geometry point. This bike deserves better stem to hold the handlebars, it's the first thing I am going to change. Also the handlebars should be wider. I just don't like my position on this bike, it does not feel natural. (I am 6'2 and have the XL frame)
- Low speed motor hiccups - at very low speeds the motor makes weird sounds and just does not pull properly. Keeps lagging, etc. Happened to me only once though.

So I just took the bike to my first morning commute to work. around 5 miles. few tiny hills, but other than that just straight road.

Pros:
- The power - this is of course the main reason why everyone bought this bike. it's very easy to get to 30mph, with little extra effort to 31 or 32. I am in good shape, active sports guy.
- Gearing - really well geared, even at the highest speeds there is still a lot of resistance and it feels good

Cons:
- Geometry - I really don't like it. I feel I am way too stretched to reach handlebars.
- Stem and Handlebars - very connected to the geometry point. This bike deserves better stem to hold the handlebars, it's the first thing I am going to change. Also the handlebars should be wider. I just don't like my position on this bike, it does not feel natural. (I am 6'2 and have the XL frame)
- Low speed motor hiccups - at very low speeds the motor makes weird sounds and just does not pull properly. Keeps lagging, etc. Happened to me only once though.

I agree with just about everything here. That's funny that you mention feeling cramped. I'm also 6'2" with the XL frame and I scooted my seat all the way back and still feel like I could use a longer stem. I have unusually long arms though so that's a big factor. I also feel that the frame is is good. My seat isn't way high and I like that. I like to have most of the seat post in the frame.
I think that the low speed hiccup is related to the lack of an internal speed sensor in the MAC motor. It has happened to me a couple of times as described in the setup and troubleshooting instructions.

Last edited:

Pros:

Cons:

What kind of stem do you think you'll use?

I noticed the lack of service disconnect as well and luckily by cutting the zip-ties there was plenty of slack even though it was in the bike stand. I was curious about why you choose the Captiv-8er versus the Supercell 4 inch tires.

I noticed the lack of service disconnect as well and luckily by cutting the zip-ties there was plenty of slack even though it was in the bike stand. I was curious about why you choose the Captiv-8er versus the Supercell 4 inch tires.

I went with the Captiv-8ers because I got a good sale price on them. The other reason was the reviews on the Supercell tires had a few users reporting a large amount of self-steering even at higher tire pressures. Now that I think about it, it seems the self-steering effect is a factor to some degree on most fat-bike platforms. Going to run this thing to work today, 36 miles RT, wish me luck.

Back