Powerful Fat Tire E-bike w/ Torque sensor from Juiced Bikes

It is normal for fat tire bikes to have a bit of pull while steering? My tires are inflated relatively full (psi gauge on my pump is not great) as I will be riding streets mostly. It seems like the tire gripping the road and causes the handlebar to pull slightly, even with a very subtle lean/steering. Perhaps this is also due to the power.
I feel silly to admit I've only ridden fat tire bike once before, but sans motor.

It is normal for fat tire bikes to have a bit of pull while steering? My tires are inflated relatively full (psi gauge on my pump is not great) as I will be riding streets mostly. It seems like the tire gripping the road and causes the handlebar to pull slightly, even with a very subtle lean/steering. Perhaps this is also due to the power.
I feel silly to admit I've only ridden fat tire bike once before, but sans motor.

Assuming you have the handlebars properly aligned it sounds like your tires are under inflated. What psi do you have (cold) ?

Assuming you have the handlebars properly aligned it sounds like your tires are under inflated. What psi do you have (cold) ?
Can you under inflate a fat tire? I've heard of people using less than 5 psi in sand. I also question if you can misalign the handlebars. Technically, you can have them at any angle and still ride straight down the road. If the bike is actually pulling to one side, make sure the fork is not bent, make sure the axle is bottomed in the fork slots, and if it has disc brakes, make sure it's not set too tightly.

Can you under inflate a fat tire? I've heard of people using less than 5 psi in sand. I also question if you can misalign the handlebars. Technically, you can have them at any angle and still ride straight down the road. If the bike is actually pulling to one side, make sure the fork is not bent, make sure the axle is bottomed in the fork slots, and if it has disc brakes, make sure it's not set too tightly.

Sure you can run them at low psi but try running at 5 psi on concrete and tell me that they don't pull against you while turning. Pump them up more and I'd say there's a 95% chance his pulling sensation will go away.

Also if the handlebars aren't aligned with the steering stem when you turn them and have weight on the bars you'll feel a pulling sensation when leaned over. He wasn't asking about riding straight down the road he was asking about turning and the fact the tire feels like it's gripping the road. Anyway I doubt it's the alignment though because it's fairly obvious when they are out of alignment.

Thanks, a couple bike shop/motorcycle buddies also suggested I try higher PSI. After riding a bit more, I can say acceleration and power go beyond any expectation I had. I will continue to baby this but it seems be durable and an incredible machine.

Get rid of those shi**y Kendas and you'll improve handling, speed, noise and puncture resistance immensely.
I was thinking slicker tires as I am not planning to do any real mountain biking, and you guys already recommended some things to reduce flats. I'll probably ride these bald first, though, as I am poor. :D

I’ve already got a pair of Origin8 Captiv-8er 26x3,5 tires ready, not even going to mess with the Kenda tires since I’m planning to run this bike on paved roads only. We’ll see how it stacks up against the Haibike as a daily “urban assault” commuter. Also, I’m planning to run tire liners with this as well. It’ll make the wheel assembly heavier, but I’d rather deal with heavy wheels than flat tires.

Other upgrades that I have waiting are:
Ergon grips and saddle
Bodyfloat Seat post
Crank Brothers Stamp pedals

Essentially I’ll be duplicating all the touch points on my current commute setup to the HyperFat.

Anyone else planning upgrades?

Thanks, a couple bike shop/motorcycle buddies also suggested I try higher PSI. After riding a bit more, I can say acceleration and power go beyond any expectation I had. I will continue to baby this but it seems be durable and an incredible machine.
I notice that anything below 20 psi on the road feels squishy at higher speeds and tighter turns. I'm quite sure there's nothing wrong with the bike and it's just the knobby tires and low psi that create that effect.

I’ve already got a pair of Origin8 Captiv-8er 26x3,5 tires ready, not even going to mess with the Kenda tires since I’m planning to run this bike on paved roads only. We’ll see how it stacks up against the Haibike as a daily “urban assault” commuter. Also, I’m planning to run tire liners with this as well. It’ll make the wheel assembly heavier, but I’d rather deal with heavy wheels than flat tires.

Other upgrades that I have waiting are:
Ergon grips and saddle
Bodyfloat Seat post
Crank Brothers Stamp pedals

Essentially I’ll be duplicating all the touch points on my current commute setup to the HyperFat.

Anyone else planning upgrades?
I agree that the heavier tires aren't that big of a deal. I put 8oz of slime in each tube of mine. A little weight is sooo worth not getting flats. I'll be curious about the BodyFloat. I've been thinking of getting one of those as well.

I don't know if it's appropriate to ask this, but I think it would be nice if someone who has received their HF1000 would make a YouTube video so the rest of us who are still waiting could benefit from their knowledge and experiences. Some specs (like standover height, length from tip to tip, etc.) and closeups of the bike as well as how it does on trails would be appreciated as well. I know all of this will be done eventually, but those of us who have been waiting for over 6 months may be understandably anxious to get all the information we can since Juiced has been a bit deficient in that regard.

I don't know if it's appropriate to ask this, but I think it would be nice if someone who has received their HF1000 would make a YouTube video so the rest of us who are still waiting could benefit from their knowledge and experiences. Some specs (like standover height, length from tip to tip, etc.) and closeups of the bike as well as how it does on trails would be appreciated as well. I know all of this will be done eventually, but those of us who have been waiting for over 6 months may be understandably anxious to get all the information we can since Juiced has been a bit deficient in that regard.
I'm going to take delivery of the bike tomorrow, it might be possible to do a Court style review mid week after I properly set it up for commute duty.

Good to see you guy getting your HFs. It would be fun to do a shoot-out between the Hyperfat and the Biktrix Juggernaut Ultra.

Hey, don’t want to be a downer this Sunday morning, but waited all week for this day. Suns out, 60degrees beautiful morning. Got about 3 miles out and bike stopped working. The thing will not stay on. Maybe on a flat surface or a downhill it will stay on, but as soon as I apply any torque it just shuts down. Anyone else experiencing this? I tried to keep it going on all powers leveles, even shut off torque sensor, nothing seemed to work. I guess I’ll contact Juice Monday morning. Big bummer.

I got a few images from the LBS that received my bike and there was a minor goof in the packaging. One of the cranks poked out of he box and got a scratched. Hopefully just cosmetic.

The other issue is they send a size M frame instead of size L. Anyone that receive their bike with a size M around 5’10”? I can probably make a M frame work but don’t want to feel cramped if it’s a bit too small.

I got a few images from the LBS that received my bike and there was a minor goof in the packaging. One of the cranks poked out of he box and got a scratched. Hopefully just cosmetic.

The other issue is they send a size M frame instead of size L. Anyone that receive their bike with a size M around 5’10”? I can probably make a M frame work but don’t want to feel cramped if it’s a bit too small.
I think I got a Large when I wanted the XL. I am 6'2 but the Large frame is actually fine for me, just have the seat post up high.

I think I got a Large when I wanted the XL. I am 6'2 but the Large frame is actually fine for me, just have the seat post up high.

I’m hoping that the differences in frame sizes only relates to the B.B. to the top of the seat tube. If so, probably not a huge deal.

I’m hoping that the differences in frame sizes only relates to the B.B. to the top of the seat tube. If so, probably not a huge deal.
I think that's right, xl is 20inchs from bottom bracket to seat post, then I think the sizes are 17.5 and 16inches. I prefer the look of the straight bar on top, but as far as being tall enough to ride it's fine.

Back