Powerful Fat Tire E-bike w/ Torque sensor from Juiced Bikes

I'm in the camp that no news is probably bad news. Especially when compared to the trend of delays. But that's why it's the founders series and the risk we take funding our own products development.

My guess based on the delays and silence is the founders series is delayed 2-3 months so end of July or August.

I understand that products get delayed, only frustrating thing is the total radio silence for weeks/month at a time. Contacting the "live" chat on the website hasn't helped add any clarity either.

Last edited:
I'm in the camp that no news is probably bad news. Especially when compared to the trend of delays. But that's why it's the founders series and the risk we take funding our own products development.

My guess based on the delays and silence is the founders series is delayed 2-3 months so end of July or August.

I understand that products get delayed, only frustrating thing is the total radio silence. Contacting the "live" chat on the website hasn't helped add any clarity either. Last thing I noticed was the removal of the link to this forum from their website.

I feel your pain. That is why I refuse to support anymore crowd funded ebikes or pre-pay for ebikes. Never had one even close to delivered when promised. Once they have your money, they pretty much call all the shots.

Juiced seems to have earned a pretty good reputation so I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt especially considering they're still accepting pre-orders with a July delivery. Considering the shipping lead time, you'd think they'd know if they could make their deliveries by July. That said, the fact that nobody has seen the final bike, updates ground to a halt a month ago, and the founders' series haven't been delivered yet leads me suspect the preorders aren't going to make it in July. Fingers crossed. If the date slips into August, I'll probably cancel my preorder and look for something else. These delays have a way of adding up and I don't really want to loan Juiced $3k for five or six months.

I wrote Juiced asking if preorders were going to make it in July. They said the bikes were in production, they had a big update planned, but didn't commit to a delivery date.

http://www.hype-bikes.com/ It has been a little bit of a delay, but we finally started the initial production builds of the HyperFat 1000 Watt Fat tire bikes. Here we do some test rides inside the factory.

The performance of these shipping units far exceeded our targets and is likely one of the highest performance production fat-tire e-bikes available today.

Throttle-only cruising speed is right around 30mph and with the torque-based pedal assist you can see numbers like 34-37mph. The 1000W geared MAC motor is ridiculously smooth and responsive.

Now all the HFs come with the air suspension forks which makes a big difference in front end stability. The ride feels much more solid and planted than the prototypes.

We worked hard to get the LCD to display data that is actually useful to the rider. The new 1,800 lum dual LED light lets people know you are coming in day our night.

We set the bar very high for this project with an insanely tight deadline. Many new custom parts needed to be developed to achieve our goals. Special thanks to our suppliers who help make this thing a reality. We have few little loose ends to tie up and we can then start shipping these units to waiting customers.

yay! So glad its happening. I'm going to the beach this weekend for probably the only time this year so unfortunately I won't we able to try it there but I'm in the woods every few weekends...we'll see how this bike does in the Shenandoah.

Here is the full detailed update of the HyperFat 1000W production e-bikes with images:
(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

Attachments

• Controller (1600 px).jpg
    Controller (1600 px).jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 560
  • Display (1600 px).jpg
    Display (1600 px).jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 501
  • Frames 2 (1600 px).jpg
    Frames 2 (1600 px).jpg
    118 KB · Views: 496
  • First 2 units (1600 px).jpg
    First 2 units (1600 px).jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 659
  • Mac Motors (1600 px).jpg
    Mac Motors (1600 px).jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 519
  • Battery Compared 2 (1600 px).jpg
    Battery Compared 2 (1600 px).jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 545
  • LED Light.jpg
    LED Light.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 519
@Tora Harris Have you had an opportunity to do any testing with the 12T yet? From your statement above you say 30mph is achieved with throttle only. initially I was thinking one had to do some hard pedaling to reach 30mph. The Production bike has yielded a nice surprise :)!

What do you think the throttle only top speed of the Production 12T bike will be since the Production 9T bike is reaching a throttle only speed of 30mph?

Thanks for any info.

Awesome bike!

I just started researching Mountain e-Bikes and live around Lake Tahoe Nevada. I was about the pull the trigger on a Rad Rover
https://www.radpowerbikes.com/products/radrover-electric-fat-bike
(but glad I came across the Juiced HyperFat)

I'm excited to get a fully loaded HyperFat (placing an order very soon!)

I was reading through the Blog page and have a few questions.

The Blog says:

"Mud Guards/Fenders:
There are surprisingly few mudguards made for fat bikes at the moment. We are working to find some models with a good performance and sporty style — stay tuned! The bike has mounting points to accept most any 3rd party Fat tire fenders. "

Are there any 3rd party Mud Guard options that might/will fit this? (Links?) If not, what is an approximate guess/wait time for Juiced to offer something? (this year or next year?)

The Blog also says:

[Here is the size breakdown:
S: 16.5"
M: 18.0"
L: 20.0"]

When I go to check out though, the drop downs has M L XL (instead of S M L)
https://shop.juicedbikes.com/products/hyperfat-e-bike

M 16.5"
L 18"
XL 20"

Either way I want 18" so I'll choose what the numeric value says and won't worry about the Letter then. (but wanted to ask just in case) I'm 5'10" 170lbs (32" Leg)

Last edited:
@Tora Harris What's the story on the CAD model of the rack you keep showing in the videos? Are you planning on putting that into production? If so, when do you think it will be available?

This is our new universal rack it works with all of our bikes. We been working on it for a while. It is already in production and soon ship.

Attachments

• nicerack.jpg
    nicerack.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 562
This is our new universal rack it works with all of our bikes. We been working on it for a while. It is already in production and soon ship.

Nice! I definitely need to add this to my pre-order as soon as it's on your web site. This is assuming it will be ready before the bike ships. If not, happy to order it later. (along with mud guards)

Last edited:
@Tora Harris Have you had an opportunity to do any testing with the 12T yet? From your statement above you say 30mph is achieved with throttle only. initially I was thinking one had to do some hard pedaling to reach 30mph. The Production bike has yielded a nice surprise :)!

What do you think the throttle only top speed of the Production 12T bike will be since the Production 9T bike is reaching a throttle only speed of 30mph?

Thanks for any info.

Awesome bike!

We will have more detailed test and put up more videos. This is something that is hard to describe, but we will do our best.

I've been shopping around for a helmet I know I'll like.

This DOT approved one seems interesting. I like the twin shield/visor that flips down.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01A81HXM8/

For Something more basic (non-DOT), this one seems nice as well.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N7G0PYV

still researching, but this thing goes fast enough we should probably have a legit off road motorcycle DOT helmet on I think.

I just started researching Mountain e-Bikes and live around Lake Tahoe Nevada. I was about the pull the trigger on a Rad Rover
https://www.radpowerbikes.com/products/radrover-electric-fat-bike
(but glad I came across the Juiced HyperFat)

I'm excited to get a fully loaded HyperFat (placing an order very soon!)

The Blog says:

"Mud Guards/Fenders:
There are surprisingly few mudguards made for fat bikes at the moment. We are working to find some models with a good performance and sporty style — stay tuned! The bike has mounting points to accept most any 3rd party Fat tire fenders. "

Are there any 3rd party Mud Guard options that might/will fit this? (Links?) If not, what is an approximate guess/wait time for Juiced to offer something? (this year or next year?)

The Blog also says:

[Here is the size breakdown:
S: 16.5"
M: 18.0"
L: 20.0"]

When I go to check out though, the drop downs has M L XL (instead of S M L)
https://shop.juicedbikes.com/products/hyperfat-e-bike

M 16.5"
L 18"
XL 20"

Either way I want 18" so I'll choose what the numeric value says and won't worry about the Letter then. (but wanted to ask just in case) I'm 5'10" 170lbs (32" Leg)

We will soon post the stylized CAD drawings of the new frames to show the geometry. The number is what matters. We recently changed the Size designation so all the bikes match up as much as possible.

Back