Powerful Fat Tire E-bike w/ Torque sensor from Juiced Bikes

Here is the reply I received from Juiced today

"We have had some technical difficulty with some software and a few bits not fitting well and remade. It has been an insanely difficult bike to make. We have solutions and it will work.

I will make some sort of update and what we will do to offer some kind of compensation, but effectively everyone is working around the clock and literally no time to pause. Some bikes produced already. 2nd batch is catching up with first batch! Good thing is there are now multiple sizes."​

"We have had some technical difficulty with some software and a few bits not fitting well and remade. It has been an insanely difficult bike to make. We have solutions and it will work.

I will make some sort of update and what we will do to offer some kind of compensation, but effectively everyone is working around the clock and literally no time to pause. Some bikes produced already. 2nd batch is catching up with first batch! Good thing is there are now multiple sizes."​

Thanks, if they are producing the second batch that makes me feel much better. A little compensation (fenders or rack included perhaps?) would indeed go a long way.

I'm confused what
2nd batch is catching up with first batch!
means.

I would think the first batch (aka Founders Series) would be completed first before the second batch of normal production bikes starts. Does this mean they are in production in parallel? Does that mean they are different bikes with a different build process ? Seems like they are waiting for the second batch to be done before shipping anything including the first batch?

I feel like most people here at this point could care less on a fancy video update or a picture infused blogs. Just some basics on what is going on, what to expect, and what the timeline looks like. The vague stringing along thing is getting old.

It's past time for Juiced to let their customers know what's going on with the delays. The early June update showed "production bikes" but somehow they haven't been able to build any other completed bikes in seven weeks. They've missed every deadline so far including commitments for further public updates and their private messages have been frustratingly vague. Everyone knows they're "working hard" but what we don't know is when we will actually receive our purchases. I don't need a video or long blog post and I doubt the rest of you do either. Delays are understandable but when you're sitting on a million dollars of pre-orders, you probably owe it to your customers to provide timely updates when you miss your commitments. I'd be satisfied with, "testing showed there was a defect in X. We have the new parts to replace what wasn't working. Bikes will ship out of China in late August. You can expect your bike the last week of September" or even, "Testing revealed a number of unanticipated problems. Unfortunately, we don't know when we will have them fixed. Best case, you get your bike in October. We'll post updates every two weeks on the schedule." It would take five minutes to post the needed information to the product page. Juiced, if you're listening, how about at least emailing everyone who's ordered letting us know what the current schedule is and when we can expect our purchases?

I totally agree with willie2. Maybe we should start canceling orders.
The bike isn't going to do me much good if it comes just in time for winter.

I keep seeing CrossCurrent S ads with the tag "we interviewed our customers to find out what they're looking for." Well, here's some customers telling y'all we are looking simply for an estimate of when we might see our multi-thousand dollar purchases. Not even complaining about the delays, just give us an indication. If it's going to be significantly longer we deserve to know that. There are other bikes I am interested in, that cost far less and are already on the market. I am willing to wait for the promise of this product, but no one wants to feel like they are being ignored by a business holding two grand of their money.

I wrote them a message on Facebook and received a response pretty quickly. I basically told them what you all have been saying above.. their reply was...

"There is an issue with one electronic part and was sent back to the supplier for rework. We got the rework back and wanted to retest carefully to be sure everything is working correctly before we put out another update, so its kind of a holding pattern. We will explain everything but we need to get the facts right. This bike is incredibly difficult to make."

I wrote them a message on Facebook and received a response pretty quickly. I basically told them what you all have been saying above.. their reply was...

"There is an issue with one electronic part and was sent back to the supplier for rework. We got the rework back and wanted to retest carefully to be sure everything is working correctly before we put out another update, so its kind of a holding pattern. We will explain everything but we need to get the facts right. This bike is incredibly difficult to make."
My guess is they left off a part of that. 'Incredibly hard to make at our price point". It can't be too difficult to make, there are many that look very similar like the rover, all off the shelf stuff really.

Not all ebike parts are "off the shelf". Each manufacturer can have components fabricated to meet their particular standards of quality & performance; which is to the ebike owner's benefit. Even small parts can vary in quality which could impact the reliability of an ebike.

In other words, "Something went wrong with the first bikes and we never should have presented them as production models. We think we've fixed the issue but we're not sure. There will be a least a month lead time after we do finally fix this issue for you to get your bike but since we can't even estimate know how long it will take us to complete the testing, your delivery is indefinitely delayed. It could be weeks or months until we can ship from the factory. We just don't know when we'll be done but we're doing our best to get them to you. Have I mentioned that we significantly overestimated our ability to deliver this product and that we never should have committed to deliveries this summer? Because we totally did that. "

Last edited:
After much thought I just canceled my order with Juiced and ordered a Rad Rover and saved myself almost $1,000
They were very gracious and I may reorder next spring when they are in stock and ready to ship.

In other words, "Something went wrong with the first bikes and we never should have presented them as production models. We think we've fixed the issue but we're not sure. There will be a least a month lead time after we do finally fix this issue for you to get your bike but since we can't even estimate know how long it will take us to complete the testing, your delivery is indefinitely delayed. It could be weeks or months until we can ship from the factory. We just don't know when we'll be done but we're doing our best to get them to you. Have I mentioned that we significantly overestimated our ability to deliver this product and that we never should have committed to deliveries this summer? Because we totally did that. "

Pretty much this says it all. It is the risk we all take ordering a brand new model ebike using the "prepay model". Tora ambitiously wanted to make a fat ebike unlike anything currently on the market and I applaud his effort. I think he did bite off more than he can chew at this point and think he needs to revise the Sept delivery date on his website if he doesn't think it can be met especially since the initial 1st orders are way behind schedule. For any new customers thinking about ordering, this is misleading.

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

"A major update is coming covering production schedule and other info. 12T we confirmed can reach 30 mph. GPS Realtime tracking can be integrated as an option, now with 3 frame sizes that can be ordered. Racks now available. Sorry for the delay, we are working hard to get these out to waiting hands."

I'm going to add the new integrated GPS and the rack to my pre-order for sure. I don't mind the delay if it means the overall quality is being improved. I understand how manufacturing a new product can go sometimes.

Pretty much this says it all. It is the risk we all take ordering a brand new model ebike using the "prepay model". Tora ambitiously wanted to make a fat ebike unlike anything currently on the market and I applaud his effort. I think he did bite off more than he can chew at this point and think he needs to revise the Sept delivery date on his website if he doesn't think it can be met especially since the initial 1st orders are way behind schedule. For any new customers thinking about ordering, this is misleading.

I haven't made the order yet, I am perhaps naively waiting until I know when the heck they will be shipping out, I'm guessing it will be sometime in Oct/Nov... and I'm in Minneapolis!
❄️
❄️
❄️

I've been trying to find a pic of the 20" frame and Juiced hasn't responded. Ready to sink $2550 (21 Ah and 1000W MAC)... I'd like to see what I'm paying for.

I was at a Juiced dealer today (it shall remain nameless) and I asked the salesman about the HyperFat. He said the bike may not arrive until early 2018 which I have trouble believing. Granted, he was trying to sell me another bike, so take this info with a tablespoon of salt. Also, from what I've gathered, the HyperFat will only be available online, for now at least, and wouldn't be to his benefit try and sell me one. Still. Lie to my face? You're a electric bike salesman, not a used car salesman. Sheesh.

I was at a Juiced dealer today (it shall remain nameless) and I asked the salesman about the HyperFat. He said the bike may not arrive until early 2018 which I have trouble believing. Granted, he was trying to sell me another bike, so take this info with a tablespoon of salt. Also, from what I've gathered, the HyperFat will only be available online, for now at least, and wouldn't be to his benefit try and sell me one. Still. Lie to my face? You're a electric bike salesman, not a used car salesman. Sheesh.
I don't think he's trying to pull a fast one on you. He's probably right about the delivery date despite what the order page says. Juiced can't even provide an update for when they will finish testing on the current bikes much less when they will clear the production backlog and start shipping. As far as anyone knows, they haven't been able to finish the 15 bikes in the founders series since their last update in early June. Considering their lack of progress so far, I wouldn't be remotely surprised if you placed your order today that you wouldn't see your bike until 2018.

Back