Powerful Fat Tire E-bike w/ Torque sensor from Juiced Bikes

Ravi Kempaiah

Region
Canada
City
Halifax
@Tora Harris is onto something unique and game changing.

With the success of Rad Rover (Forbes 30 listings, increase in sales etc), every company is focusing on All Terrain bike niche. While the Rad Rover is good, it's cadence sensing falls behind when it comes to the ride experience.

Tora has been working on this project for sometime and I am really excited to see a bike with torque sensor, high-speed and powerful motor (1000W) and huge (upgradeable to 48V, 21Ah) batteries from Juiced!

Full specs and pricing info will be released on February 2nd.

Till then it's all HYPE ;)

Last edited:
Very impressive stuff from Juiced !

Hype 1.jpg
Hype 2.jpg
Hype 3.jpg
Hype 4.jpg

I'm wondering about the LG chem battery if it could be used on the CC & how different it is in size from the 10.4. I could use a bit more capacity, but not to the level & price of the 17.4ah.

Looks good, love the different battery options. Fat bikes aren't the most efficient form of transport so good to see they bumped up the capacity of the starting battery. Not sure the MAC motor is worth $500 but it's a cool option.

https://shop.juicedbikes.com/products/hyperfat-e-bike-founders-series?variant=29847245650

It's a high-quality motor. Tora has done a LOT of testing and selected this out of many other options.
Even the base model has a 48V, 13.4Ah battery for $999. That's insane!

The fact that it is XLR compatible and you can use a satiator to charge it only 80% makes another compelling reason to go that route.

I'm wondering about the LG chem battery if it could be used on the CC & how different it is in size from the 10.4. I could use a bit more capacity, but not to the level & price of the 17.4ah.

If you have a large/XL size, you could still use the water bottle cage but not on the medium size.
If I was in your position, I would get the 17.4Ah ir 21Ah and use the satiator. The longevity of that pack will save you a lot of money in the long run.

If the fat bike works with the 17.4Ah batteries than the 13.2Ah LG battery would fit the CC as well. By LG chemistry they just mean it has LG 18650 cells. My guess is the LG battery is 13S 5P design. I kind of doubt they'll add a fifth battery option for the CC but we may see the 13.2Ah replace the 10.4Ah at some point (or the elimination of the 7.8Ah batery.) The developer edition 17.4Ah batteries are a pretty good deal at $700 less whatever you can sell your stock battery for. Aren't you charging your battery to 100% twice a day on your commute? If so I'd agree going with a bigger battery and charging to 70-80% is the way to go long term.

Last edited:
I emailed Tora to ask about frame sizes. Following is his reply:

It has just one frame size, The seat post can go very low as well as extend up high, typical of this kind of ebike.

The stand over is around 30" and its 16.5" seat tube.
Thanks!
-Tora

I emailed Tora to ask about frame sizes. Following is his reply:

It has just one frame size, The seat post can go very low as well as extend up high, typical of this kind of ebike.

The stand over is around 30" and its 16.5" seat tube.
Thanks!
-Tora

It's difficult for a small company to produce multiple frame sizes until the economies of scale works in their favor.
The cross current has multiple frame sizes and styles and it might take a while for this bike to be produced in multiple sizes too. It's the same problem with RadPower Bikes.

Last edited:
Aren't you charging your battery to 100% twice a day on your commute? If so I'd agree going with a bigger battery and charging to 70-80% is the way to go long term.

Yep at work then at home. 10.4 is just barely enough for 16 miles in sport mode with a minor elevation rise of a few hundred feet over that whole distance. Combined with extra draggy winter clothes, studded tires, below 30 temps, & 5-20 mph headwinds; I can manage 23mph at best & it takes it's toll on the battery. I'm just hesitant to spend $700 on the bike since it's still less then year old. I also still have issues with spoke breakage that will likely require a rebuild with new rims & spokes. Though it could've swayed me more if it came with a fast charger that could do 80%.

Are these available "Direct-to-Consumer" in Canada also? I have been looking at Juicedbikes, but I think I need to buy through dealers in Canada. As a result, the final price is much higher than expected.

It's difficult for a small company to produce multiple frame sizes until the economies of scale works in their favor.
The cross current has multiple frame sizes and styles and it might take a while for this bike to be produced in multiple sizes too. It's the same problem with RadPower Bikes.

Ravi, I am getting very close to ordering a Rad Mini but then I see all this new stuff coming out. I like that the Mini folds , fat tires and low stand over height. I would love to have the motor and electronics of the new Hype on a Mini !!! Any thoughts on that idea or is it not even probable ?? I already have a Giant Yukon with a BBSHD . A little more power and speed than this 64 year old needs. Thanks for any thoughts you might have on the Mini. Tom G.

Ravi, I am getting very close to ordering a Rad Mini but then I see all this new stuff coming out. I like that the Mini folds , fat tires and low stand over height. I would love to have the motor and electronics of the new Hype on a Mini !!! Any thoughts on that idea or is it not even probable ?? I already have a Giant Yukon with a BBSHD . A little more power and speed than this 64 year old needs. Thanks for any thoughts you might have on the Mini. Tom G.

Hi Tom,

I think Tora is working on some very interesting projects but right now but a folding fat bike may low on his list of priorities.
The industry is evolving everyday and if you're looking for a folding FAT bike with torque sensing and hydraulic brakes, here is a good one. @Hangzhou BTN ebike have come up with this product.
But I would love to see a Fat bike with the HYP-E motor.

Folding MAX Drive.jpg

Any word on the development of this new bike? Does it look like the initial 100 unit batch will still ship in April? Will the 21ah battery and HD Cadence Sensor/Torque Sensor combo be available on the initial batch? Is the Tektro HD-E715 Hydraulic brakes not available in the initial 100 unit batch?

Any word on the development of this new bike? Does it look like the initial 100 unit batch will still ship in April? Will the 21ah battery and HD Cadence Sensor/Torque Sensor combo be available on the initial batch? Is the Tektro HD-E715 Hydraulic brakes not available in the initial 100 unit batch?

@MarkP ,

@Tora Harris is working on this non-stop. This is an exciting product for sure.
He might be able to get you the 21Ah battery with the torque sensor and HD-E715 brakes. These are spec'ed on Cross Current and ODK U500 platform. So, it will be easy swap.
If I were you, I would reach out to him. His email is [email protected]

A new motor probably wouldn't make that much difference by itself. You would need to replace the controller which is what controls how much power gets sent to the motor.

Back