Powerful controller or Sport controller???

Max Black

Region
USA
Some customers reported to us that their PAS model was so fast that they could not achieve their sports goals. Therefore, our technicians have reprogrammed the PAS mode and its sensitivity is become lower than before. But some other customers told us that they were already in very good fitness and was hoping to use no assistance. They hope to increase the sensitivity back.

Just feel free to express your opinion. We eager to receive your feedback.

clarification-on-august-batch-x3-pro

Hi @Max Black , Could you give maybe an explanation of how this makes an impact while riding? Is it simply that with one controller you can leave PAS at 1 while with the other it needs to be set to 2 to get the same level of assistance, or is it deeper than that?

Thanks.

@Max Black

I intend to give everyone my feedback on the difference between the two. I should have mine in a few days according to the tracking info.

What are the basic differences? I'm guessing that you removed or changed the max wattage in PAS to go over 320 watts? Or maybe varied it with each level of PAS. I'm also guessing it's still an 18 peak amp controller like the August batch?

With the "toned down" version I found myself resorting to using thumb throttle while pedaling to maintain my speed while approaching any hill, even small hills.

Don't these bikes have cadence sensor?

I think it's really difficult to get "sport goal" with cadence sensor, although I prefer cadence sensor because I like zippy bikes and like to feel the assist.

I agree with you. I would rather have a zippy bike with power when I want it. I plan on getting my fitness from it by turning the PAS to 0 and doing some H.I.I.T. training with it at that level. And then bump THE PAS back up for fun.

I agree with you. I would rather have a zippy bike with power when I want it. I plan on getting my fitness from it by turning the PAS to 0 and doing some H.I.I.T. training with it at that level. And then bump THE PAS back up for fun.

Yep, agreed. Before I received my X3 Pro I pictured myself zipping around my world on thumb throttle everywhere I went lol! After a few rides, I found myself pedaling, more and more. Now I rarely ever use the TT, only to keep speed on inclines.

If you want to make sure you are getting a work out do exactly what you said, put it in PAS 0. *Edit* I initially suggested PAS 1 but I guess it has the same effect of PAS 0 at anything above 11-12 mph

Yep, agreed. Before I received my X3 Pro I pictured myself zipping around my world on thumb throttle everywhere I went lol! After a few rides, I found myself pedaling, more and more. Now I rarely ever use the TT, only to keep speed on inclines.

If you want to make sure you are getting a work out do exactly what you said, put it in PAS 0. *Edit* I initially suggested PAS 1 but I guess it has the same effect of PAS 0 at anything above 11-12 mph

Sounds great! Can't wait till it shows up...looking like 10/5 now.

Hi @Max Black , Could you give maybe an explanation of how this makes an impact while riding? Is it simply that with one controller you can leave PAS at 1 while with the other it needs to be set to 2 to get the same level of assistance, or is it deeper than that?

Thanks.

Thanks.
The controller is the same, the only difference is that we modified the program (speed limit). The power controller will unlock the speed limit.

The controller is the same, the only difference is that we modified the program (speed limit). The power controller will unlock the speed limit.

So with the sport controller, the speed is limted to 28mph, correct?

What is the max it will hit with the powerful controller?

So since it will have the same display, you're saying the speed will remain the same?

I guess I'm a little confused as to what "unlock the speed limit" means.

If you want to make both groups happy, let them set the bike up according to their preferences.
-or-
get rid of the speed based cadence system and use a power based cadence system.

I've been very busy lately but I finally popped the new controller in. I love it! Now when using PAS and the hill gets steeper , the controller will now administer watts up into the 800-900's range instead of the old 320 ish cap. No more thumb throttle to make hills, PAS does what I need it to do.

The only downside is it didn't fix my headlight being stuck on. I put the original headlight back on and tried this new controller and it's is still on as long as the battery is in the bike. I guess the problem is in the display??? Would have never thought that.

I've been very busy lately but I finally popped the new controller in. I love it! Now when using PAS and the hill gets steeper , the controller will now administer watts up into the 800-900's range instead of the old 320 ish cap. No more thumb throttle to make hills, PAS does what I need it to do.

The only downside is it didn't fix my headlight being stuck on. I put the original headlight back on and tried this new controller and it's is still on as long as the battery is in the bike. I guess the problem is in the display??? Would have never thought that.

Sounds great! I plan on popping mine in soon as well.

I got mine last week, just haven't had time to put it in but that sounds like good news.

How long did it take you to make the switch?

Thanks

It took maybe 20 minutes. Just take your time and swap 1 wire (plug) at a time. It can be tricky to get everything tucked back in, it's a tight fit.
One thing I noticed is there was an extra "headlight" plug.

My old controller only had 1 of these plugs but the new controller has two. I would think you could easily hardwire a taillight with using that plug, as long as you chose a light with correct voltage.

It took maybe 20 minutes. Just take your time and swap 1 wire (plug) at a time. It can be tricky to get everything tucked back in, it's a tight fit.
One thing I noticed is there was an extra "headlight" plug.

My old controller only had 1 of these plugs but the new controller has two. I would think you could easily hardwire a taillight with using that plug, as long as you chose a light with correct voltage.
Ok, thanks!

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns regarding your bike. Our service team are glad to serve for you. If possible, please send us the video of issue.
Wallke service team: [email protected] / [email protected]

Rizz, any details on installing the controller? Mine is on its way:)

Quick question in here... I just installed the new/original more powerful controller. Things went fairly smooth and the most difficult part was carefully re-loading the controller and wires back into the frame. My question is, with this new controller, are we now allowed to access the options of adding more PAS levels (like 0-5 as opposed to the 0-3) and assigning them custom %s? I thought I read or was told somewhere that with the lower powered controller, the ability to change the bike from 0-3 was also removed? Wondered if this changes things?

Back