Power assist settings on the new Limited model

wings02

I took my new Limited bike for a ten mile ride yesterday and was wondering about the number of power level settings available. I have read several Ride1Up reviews and noted there are 9 power level settings. On my Limited bike, I only have 5 level settings. When I called for support, I was told they think the Limited model only has 5 setting levels. Can someone that has this model confirm this?

Thank you

What this tells me is that nobody state side is doing a quality control on these bikes. If it were, this would have been caught. This is what scares me about some of these companies. They are just pumping them out. You get what you get, now shut up, I got your money. Scary...

The first link you posted shows the same display as the Limited. The manual does say 9 power settings. Mine goes up to 5

The first link you posted shows the same display as the Limited. The manual does say 9 power settings. Mine goes up to 5

Open it and read section 8. It says:

8.11 Assist levels : This parameter can customize assist levels, options are 3/5/9.

If yours has 5, then you need to make that change. 9 is not the default.

What this tells me is that nobody state side is doing a quality control on these bikes. If it were, this would have been caught. This is what scares me about some of these companies. They are just pumping them out. You get what you get, now shut up, I got your money. Scary...

Let's start with RTFM before jumping to conclusions, though.

What code? Also, the setting has more than three options = 0 - 3; 1 - 3; 0 - 5; 1 - 5; 0 - 7; 1 - 7; 0 - 9; 1 - 9.
Menu > advanced settings> power set > off/on button > (+) or (-) to scroll through available power assist settings, back out in reverse > hold off/on button to save setting.
Perhaps since June things have changed?

Fn'F

What code? Also, the setting has more than three options = 0 - 3; 1 - 3; 0 - 5; 1 - 5; 0 - 7; 1 - 7; 0 - 9; 1 - 9.
Menu > advanced settings> power set > off/on button > (+) or (-) to scroll through available power assist settings, back out in reverse > hold off/on button to save setting.
Perhaps since June things have changed?

Fn'F
The LMT'D used a different display APT-500C last June. An updated controller and display were announced in July, which has more options.

Back