Possible motor or sensor issue with my Voltbike

ShumaBike

Hey, I have a new issue on my Voltbike Enduro.

I don't know if its a problem with the sensor package, computer, or motor, but when I stop pedaling the bike itself decides I wasn't finished after all and just keeps turning my pedals. It'll go for a round or two before stopping of its own accord if I have removed my feet. The sensor is either not noticing I'm not pedaling or the motor isn't letting go of something. It's very surprising and jarring and it's doing it a lot now.

I can fight it and stop it from turning the pedals most of the time and I've gotten used to hitting the break lightly to force the motor to cut, but it's unsafe and I'm worried this could be causing damage or the result of damage to the motor or gearing somehow.

Has anyone dealt with this before? I'm in the Boston area and my options for more intense repairs are pretty slim.

The freewheel is at the back wheel. It's what lets the bike roll without the pedals moving. They can go bad, or just be too dry for the pawls to release from the internal teeth.

The behavior of the bike is definitely in the mid drive motor, rather than any of the gearing in the back. The motor is taking or releasing the pedals without reacting to the sensor. It's a mid drive, so the motor is between the pedals, rather than in the back of the bike.

Back