Portable Frame Mounted Bike Pumps

Jeffrios

I'm looking to install a frame mounted bike pump on my CCS. I want it to adapt it to the water bottle holder threads that were provided. Do you have any recommendations?

Also, do you prefer a regular mini pump, or a CO2 cartridge style?

I prefer using CO2, primarily because if and when I get a flat, I want to get back on the road ASAP. The last I want to do is use a mini pump that requires a couple of hundred strokes to get a tube/tire up to pressure; that's way too tiring. I like to use a CO2 head that has a pressure release trigger, so I can put in a small amount of air first to make sure the tire is properly seated before inflating the rest of the way.

There are some best-of-both-worlds combination mini pump/CO2 inflators, such as the Pressure Drive CFH.

One note: CO2 is generally not recommended for tubeless setups. The CO2 comes out very cold, and can harden the liquid sealant, rendering it useless.

Last edited:
Best of both worlds if you have a Presta valve:

OneUP EDC Pump

The downside is the pump is low pressure high volume and you can't get it much past 40psi. On the other hand there is room for a CO2 cartridge in the pump and you can attach it to the pump head. The other downside is that it is spendy.

There is also a multi-tool system that also can stow away in the pump.

(nb I don't have one but know folks who do swear by this system).

These two brands mean nothing to me currently...You are saying this because you believe they are superior? I'm not trying to be sarcastic, just asking/confirming before I spend 3X the local bike shop price.

Well Lezyne has been the cadillac of bike pumps for years. Their stuff is very well-made and the hard-core roadie crowd very much standardizes on Lezyne pumps.

OneUP is well-thought-of in the MTB world and they are mostly a boutique manufacturer of MTB components. I think the OneUP EDC pump is nicely made and aesthetically pleasing but it doesn't really fit my needs so I won't be purchasing it. But I know several people who swear by it.

I am really surprised that there aren't more mini-pump CO2 combos out there at a more reasonable price.

I would prefer the Lezyne's design over the OneUP because with the Lezyne, you attach the pump to the valve with a hose. In my opinion it is easier to use holding only the pump. With the Oneup's fixed pump head you have to stabilize it on the valve as you pump, which can be awkward.

Back