PNW checking in...

Carl H

Just purchased a 2019 Haibike SDuro Trekking 7.0. Sadly, the weather hasn't been a lot of fun for riding. Only have about 8 miles on it, but I like it. I also ride a Cannondale Synapse road bike with the local bike club.

Just purchased a 2019 Haibike SDuro Trekking 7.0. Sadly, the weather hasn't been a lot of fun for riding. Only have about 8 miles on it, but I like it. I also ride a Cannondale Synapse road bike with the local bike club.
Welcome to the forum, Carl!

You say the weather hasn't been good for riding... rain or snow? Here in Montreal at the moment the roads are bare and dry but for the last two weeks they were already snow-covered and I thought the riding season was over for us. Lots of rain forecast for later today so maybe more snow will hold off for a few weeks. Just wish it wasn't so dark at the times I would commute.

I think that bike of yours is a pretty good one (from what I've read)... How about some photos?

Ride safe!

2019-11-21 13.01.25.jpg

its been cold but thats easy to overcome. a bit of frost is a problem but thats it. hardly any rain this year so far. if you can't deal with rain and cold your living in the wrong place.

This is Medford...we don't get near the rain .... it's been very windy here and that's kept me off the streets. Afternoons have been nice lately and I've put some miles on her. That assist sure is nice on the hills here!

not 50+ mph winds!
ya thats a bit excess. When I lived in eastern oregon it would blow a lot. I would ride a bike with a coat on. I would hold the coat out on each side of me like a batman cape and use it as a sail on a bike.

Back