Please help with my frustration. Looking for ebike, but.....

I've got a Felt Ninere with a mid drive motor which not has almost 5,000 miles on it. Not an issue with the motor of any kind at all. More then half the miles are off road - rough travel - pulling a trailer. The controller doesn't shift up and down as cleanly anymore and I haven't been brave enough to take it off and clean it or spend the money to purchase a new one but I see that as a very, very minor issue. This was an expensive bike so for a lot of people, it wouldn't fit into their price range but it serves as my car replacement. As such, I service on regular schedules (I have a local bike shop for that) and keep it well maintained. I don't think you can go wrong with a Bosch.

May I suggest the pedego ridge rider. 3 year warranty. I have had mine for awhile with no issues. It has Cadanse , tourque and throttle mode. Also 20 speed gears when not using the battery. There service is excellent. Check it out. Thanks. Marcel

Great information, and this is definitely my gripe on the technology. Do you have a bike suggestion(s)? Would appreciate it greatly.

I live in Chicago and I am co-owner of the store.
Feel free to reach out if you have questions or want to try couple of bikes I have here.
Ravi

I am thinking of Lenny's. I am looking for a car replacement/ daily commuter. My only fear about Lenny's would be getting something serviced if a problem occurs. I don't know if other bike shops near would be of help with warranty/servicing needs. They have many options, and not all bikes are created equal. Lol
The only shop I know of nearby is @ Kozy's Cyclery (Superstore). on Milwaukee Ave. They sell ebikes in many different brands and models. You can test ride indoors and out. Perhaps they could provide some guidance before you make a final choice.

Back