Please help! Which Giant models should I review?

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hi guys! I haven't covered a Giant or Liv ebike in quite some time, the corporate people have been very difficult to reach and work with, and the shops I've tried to collaborate with in Vancouver Canada have been a lot less supportive than my buddy Mike Franze at Fullerton Bicycles in California! That guy is awesome... big shout out and thank-you to him and his team. I rely on the support and generosity of dealers and individuals to provide this content without becoming too commercialized with the channel and site.

So my question is, does anyone in the lower mainland (around Vancouver) have a 2021 Giant model they'd be willing to lend for a couple of days so I can review? For anyone that is thinking about buying a Giant or Liv electric bike, which models would you like to see me review? I'm considering just buying the bikes to cover them and then selling used or donating, and I want this money and time to go to the most important or interesting bikes! I'm predominantly interested in the city/hybrid models but they do have some cool eMTB stuff, so please let me know. Thanks!

I wouldn’t mind seeing the Roam e+ reviewed to see how it does with the SyncDrive Core motor, and the Explore e+ 1 Pro because it’s new in Canada.

Thanks @Gbart, I'm starting to narrow down a bit. Many of the models are sold out but it looks like these might be available:
I'd like to cover these:
Is this the model you were calling out, or is it a different sku? Do you know if Giant makes any Class 3 ebikes for North America, even if not for Canada?

Thanks @Gbart, I'm starting to narrow down a bit. Many of the models are sold out but it looks like these might be available:
I'd like to cover these:
Is this the model you were calling out, or is it a different sku? Do you know if Giant makes any Class 3 ebikes for North America, even if not for Canada?
This is the one I mean. MY21 available in Canada now. My wife and I ordered at the end of August and just got them a few weeks ago but we haven’t been able to get out on them due to the weather.

7A3B4594-5351-43E8-9479-C1499F0C340C.jpeg

Hi Court

I would love to see you review the 2021 Giant Road E+1 Pro, its been a long time since you covered a Giant Road bike!

@Court If you wanted to come to Calgary and review the MY21 Explore E+1 Pro STA, a MY21 LIV Amiti E+2 and a MY20 Fathom E+1 Pro , it could probably be arranged. Mine is the Fathom and it would need a good cleaning first 😉, and I'm sure that convincing the other two riders wouldn't really be that hard.

Plus, if you wanted to roll those reviews into a primer on Winter riding, the Explore and the Fathom, are studded tire equipped already.

BTW, your last Explore review is what sold me on Giant (as well as other posts from members) but although I test rode the Explore, the Fathom made more sense due to easy access to more MTB type terrain.

I'd like to cover these:
My vote is for the Fastroad E+ EX Pro - Class 3, commuter. This is really their flagship urban (flat bar) e-bike.

The US site lists these as all the Class 3 models under the Giant brand. All the Class 3 are 2021 models.

1612651743820.png

However, under their Momentum brand, they also have a Class 3 'Transend' which looks interesting, albeit lower price/specs/battery size.

Of course I'd like to see you review a step-thru . :)
ROAM E+ STA

Is that Court test riding the Roam E+ GTS ? :)

1613033870886.png

Last edited:
I'd really love to see you review the EXPLORE E+ 1 PRO as I have one on order for delivery in August. Not sure if this model is available stateside but it is for sure in Canada.

Most Giant shops here in Utah carry Giant since it's a great entry level bike for most newbies. High end bikes are too much for Joe Average, and with high resale, a Giant is a smart first move. I'd vote for the Stance lineup as it get's riders in the e game, teaches them how to feed and nurture the bike! I'm a Trance loyalist, dipped down to an acoustic 2020 Stance 29 er and it was fun as hell, sold it for top dollar.
Stance Crest.jpg

Hi Court, I have a 'full fat e mtn bike' Giant 2021 Trance X 29er 3 with 85 NM of torque. I ride ski resorts and rarely go past '3' out of 5 buttons of power. It's more cadence I've found, just keep it steady, anticipate short steeper sections or rocks. So many factors in play here, the weight of rider, the weight of bike that I feel a well-thought-out bike has no limits. The Orbea Rise line is new, 65 NM of torque, 39lbs, and experienced riders love it. We're happy to have a Giant lineup as it is! I'm shocked that I can do 20 miles, still have up to 70% battery left, and I'm learning daily at 1,014 miles so far. YouTube has thousands of comparison e mtn bike videos. Check the EMTB channel out of England, and Robs Rides.

Back