please help remove speed limit on 500 watt vivi bike

dennym1

Region
USA
Hello, I am brand new to the whole electric bike world. Anyway, i bought a 48v 500 watt vivi bike for my son and was hoping someone knew how to remove the speed limit on it. Thankyou for your help. Denny

There are dongles for certain ebike motor brands that can do that. For example, you can explore the German bikespeed site to find out which brands work with their dongles: Bosch, Yamaha, Brose, and a couple of others. There are several other dongle makers, but in general they address the major ebike manufacturers only. You will have to provide more specific information for people to help you: motor brand and model, etc.

Be aware that using such dongles probably voids the bike manufacturer's warranty and, depending on where your son rides, they may violate local laws as well.

There are dongles for certain ebike motor brands that can do that. For example, you can explore the German bikespeed site to find out which brands work with their dongles: Bosch, Yamaha, Brose, and a couple of others. There are several other dongle makers, but in general they address the major ebike manufacturers only. You will have to provide more specific information for people to help you: motor brand and model, etc.

Be aware that using such dongles probably voids the bike manufacturer's warranty and, depending on where your son rides, they may violate local laws as well.
Thankyou for the info. I did not see this motor in the list. its a china bicycle

its a china bicycle
Thay all are. More details please, motor brand? A display manual? Exact brand and model name?p how fast or slow is it? What voltage is the battery.? Have you tested the battery voltage with a multimeter? The devil is in the details

First I will tell you straight up IMO ebikes are not for kids under 16 and faster ebikes are only for adults with training.

Not all ebikes allow the user to change the set class speed and those that do require a code from the manufacturer.

Changing settings can damage the ebike so be careful what you change and write down the original settings in case you need to reset it.

Back