PLANET3 - mechanical e-bike derestriction device. https://planet3.bike/

I dunno. That plastic cog makes me a tad leary. Just 'cuz I don't trust plastic to last under pressure in the long run, especially in a bike.

I'd sure wouldn't mind being proven wrong, tho

I dunno. That plastic cog makes me a tad leary. Just 'cuz I don't trust plastic to last under pressure in the long run, especially in a bike.

I'd sure wouldn't mind being proven wrong, tho

I may be wrong...but I thought the majority of planetary gears were made of nylon. At least in hub motors....

Here's the pack
Planet 3.jpg

Is there a video or schematic of how the Planet3 actually works? I’ve looked at the videos above and I’m fairly mechanically inclined and knowledgeable but my understanding of bike axle dynamics and how this functions in relation to it is lacking.

Is there a video or schematic of how the Planet3 actually works? I’ve looked at the videos above and I’m fairly mechanically inclined and knowledgeable but my understanding of bike axle dynamics and how this functions in relation to it is lacking.
Ok, I found a video that explains it. This just “tricks” the electric motor into propelling the bike faster by slowing the magnet the motor relies on to set its speed. It’s not a mechanical multiplyer of motor speed but of it’s digitally sensed speed. (I can’t be the only newbie puzzled by this?)

As such, since it’s just slowing the magnetic sensor and not transferring any momentum itself, printed plastic might survive in this application for a while.

Just fitted he planet3 derestriction kit. Easy to fit, 15 minutes in all. Fitted perfectly, the instructions impeccable. Really well engineered and.......................... utterly utterly brilliant is all I can say. Everyone should do this. Alex needs an award for innovation. I cannot praise Alex or his invention highly enough. No messing with electrics or wiring. Got bike up to 26mph and ran out of puff - me not the motor!!! Will it stand the test of time? We will see. However, for £85 delivered to the UK from Croatia in a day, and for the smile it has brought to my face, if I get a year out of it, it will more than have done its job !!! Cheers Alex

Just fitted he planet3 derestriction kit. Easy to fit, 15 minutes in all. Fitted perfectly, the instructions impeccable. Really well engineered and.......................... utterly utterly brilliant is all I can say. Everyone should do this. Alex needs an award for innovation. I cannot praise Alex or his invention highly enough. No messing with electrics or wiring. Got bike up to 26mph and ran out of puff - me not the motor!!! Will it stand the test of time? We will see. However, for £85 delivered to the UK from Croatia in a day, and for the smile it has brought to my face, if I get a year out of it, it will more than have done its job !!! Cheers Alex
Sorry if I missed it, what bike are you riding?

Oh, you guys are having quite a little PLANET3 party over here. :D

Most of the reviews and positive feedback is on Facebook groups for Levo/Kenevo. I guess forum folk haven't really felt a need to write their overwhelmingly positive experiences. :p (and I'm not the one to poke and prod them into doing so.. the less the better as I'd rather "hardly work" than "work harder".) 😂 But @Mark Stubbs is leading in this regard, so.. thanks Mark! And as far as test of time goes - warranty against material defects is 1 year/10k miles and there's 50% off on "crash replacements". I still have the first one on my bike with 9000+ km on it and around 50+ installs/uninstalls.

Back