Placed order for 2 XP eBikes Aug 27th.

rfw1953

This is my first post on the site but I have appreciated reading many of the past posts and thread responses from others...Order placed Aug. 27th for two XP eBikes, 1 for my wife and 1 for me. My wife and I are in our mid 60's and retired. We enjoy RV travel so the foldable feature was a big deal for us. In the past, I just threw our full pedal bikes in the back of the truck which was a bit of pain due to having to adjust the handlebars to close the tri-fold cover to the truck bed. We live in Crested Butte, CO, in the central Rocky Mountains at 9'561' elevation. I had two full knee replacements over the past 10 months so pedaling the hills in our area and during our RV travels was another motivator for getting eBikes.

I was fortunate to have a friend who has an XP which he allowed my wife and me to test ride before placing the order. I'm a big guy at 6'2" and 250 lbs. I wanted to see how the bike performed with me riding it on the hills around our area. In a word? WOW! The bike went as fast as I would want to go on a flat paved bike path and it shocked the stew out me as to how well it handled the hills. I realize the hilly terrains at my size will drain the battery but again, the bike performed without feeling or sounding like it was under excessive strain. I had the XP on the #2 setting and pedaled as much as I felt comfortable without having to strain on the hills. My friend had been riding the bike for a day or so before our test ride and he had not recharged the battery. By the time we finished our test ride, the battery still showed 3/4 power remaining. My wife absolutely loved her test ride. We also had the good fortune of riding a foldable eBike with standard tires. My wife especially liked the fat tires on the XP. She said the ride felt more comfortable and solid to the ground especially when turning. When we completed our test rides my wife said, order the XP's. :)

I ordered the flex seat posts for both bikes and ordered the 10X10 seat for my big butt. LOL. I was happy to learn that Lectric is now including saddlebags with each bike order so that was a nice add at no additional charge. I should add that the price which includes shipping sure made for an easy decision, especially after being able to do test rides. The reviews I read helped greatly as well. Now we just hope the bikes arrive without any issues to contend with.
Unfortunately, it sounds like we will have to wait 5-7 weeks for shipping. Ugh! Wish we could get the bikes a little sooner but with all the COVID stuff still slowing things down in general we'll just have to wait and hope for the best. Who knows, maybe they will arrive early. I know, wishful thinking, right? I'll post an update after we get our bikes and do a thorough test ride. Thanks for all your helpful posts which made us feel more confident in our decision.

Enjoy!!! I love the XP. I am retired in Newport Beach Ca ( Rough life but someone has to do it) use it every day to commute; Swimming & exercising at the Balboa Bay Club, errands, or just for fun. I did not buy one for my wife as when we ride together we just use our pedal bikes for exercise and I worry about injuries. I just have to say that I am so pleased with the EP; for my needs it is perfect. 420 miles and getting 5-10 miles per day (max 20 miles). My only purchases have been a buckaroo seat, a suspension seat post from XP, a bike lock, a bell, a mirror, and a Yaheetech work stand. My biggest learning's have been learning how to charge to keep the battery in the 80% max range for maximum life and the how to avoid a sore neck. Both topics are covered in topics under XP.

John G

This is my first post on the site but I have appreciated reading many of the past posts and thread responses from others...Order placed Aug. 27th for two XP eBikes, 1 for my wife and 1 for me. My wife and I are in our mid 60's and retired. We enjoy RV travel so the foldable feature was a big deal for us. In the past, I just threw our full pedal bikes in the back of the truck which was a bit of pain due to having to adjust the handlebars to close the tri-fold cover to the truck bed. We live in Crested Butte, CO, in the central Rocky Mountains at 9'561' elevation. I had two full knee replacements over the past 10 months so pedaling the hills in our area and during our RV travels was another motivator for getting eBikes.

I was fortunate to have a friend who has an XP which he allowed my wife and me to test ride before placing the order. I'm a big guy at 6'2" and 250 lbs. I wanted to see how the bike performed with me riding it on the hills around our area. In a word? WOW! The bike went as fast as I would want to go on a flat paved bike path and it shocked the stew out me as to how well it handled the hills. I realize the hilly terrains at my size will drain the battery but again, the bike performed without feeling or sounding like it was under excessive strain. I had the XP on the #2 setting and pedaled as much as I felt comfortable without having to strain on the hills. My friend had been riding the bike for a day or so before our test ride and he had not recharged the battery. By the time we finished our test ride, the battery still showed 3/4 power remaining. My wife absolutely loved her test ride. We also had the good fortune of riding a foldable eBike with standard tires. My wife especially liked the fat tires on the XP. She said the ride felt more comfortable and solid to the ground especially when turning. When we completed our test rides my wife said, order the XP's. :)

I ordered the flex seat posts for both bikes and ordered the 10X10 seat for my big butt. LOL. I was happy to learn that Lectric is now including saddlebags with each bike order so that was a nice add at no additional charge. I should add that the price which includes shipping sure made for an easy decision, especially after being able to do test rides. The reviews I read helped greatly as well. Now we just hope the bikes arrive without any issues to contend with.
Unfortunately, it sounds like we will have to wait 5-7 weeks for shipping. Ugh! Wish we could get the bikes a little sooner but with all the COVID stuff still slowing things down in general we'll just have to wait and hope for the best. Who knows, maybe they will arrive early. I know, wishful thinking, right? I'll post an update after we get our bikes and do a thorough test ride. Thanks for all your helpful posts which made us feel more confident in our decision.

Congrats on your new ebikes!
Many wonderful miles and smiles to you both.
Please post your adventures and photos.

Enjoy!!! I love the XP. I am retired in Newport Beach Ca ( Rough life but someone has to do it) use it every day to commute; Swimming & exercising at the Balboa Bay Club, errands, or just for fun. I did not buy one for my wife as when we ride together we just use our pedal bikes for exercise and I worry about injuries. I just have to say that I am so pleased with the EP; for my needs it is perfect. 420 miles and getting 5-10 miles per day (max 20 miles). My only purchases have been a buckaroo seat, a suspension seat post from XP, a bike lock, a bell, a mirror, and a Yaheetech work stand. My biggest learning's have been learning how to charge to keep the battery in the 80% max range for maximum life and the how to avoid a sore neck. Both topics are covered in topics under XP.

John G
i cant comment on how well it works yet but i purchased a Luna mini charger. it allows you to charge at 80-90-100% to help with battery https://lunacycle.com/48v-3amp-luna-mini-charger/longevity... you just need to puchase the proper plug end. https://www.ebay.com/itm/5-Pack-Lot-DC-Power-Plug-Male-2-1-5-5mm-to-Screw-Terminal-CCTV-Camera-Connector/124027753727?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649 i found them on Ebay. https://lunacycle.com/48v-3amp-luna-mini-charger/

Last edited:
I found that the stock charger recovers 2.5 volts per hour so I just use a smart plug to time the charge and then turn off at my target voltage ; seems to work well for me at $5 for a smart plug. Please let me know how it works.

Thanks, John

John G
My son and his family are coming your way for a short vacation. They have been to Newport Beach before and loved the area. I already have bike locks and plan to attach mirrors and a bell when the bikes arrive. We'll mostly be riding in town or when on RV trips. We just returned from an RV trip to Glacier, Grand Teton, Yellowstone, and Rocky Mountain National Parks. We had a great trip but would have so enjoyed the XP's on our trip. No plans for mountain biking with these bikes. We'll use on packed gravel or paved trails & streets only.

There is lot's of great bike trails in Newport Beach. I linked a yelp article on the voted ten best trails but the detail in yelp is not great. I find that the app, Alltrails, is awesome for finding great hiking, biking and kayaking trails around the world. I purchased a life time subscription to all trails several years ago for $50 and use it all the time. You can using for for free as well but the detail in the subscription is worth the small fee.

Three of our favorite rides in Newport Beach are:

Back-bay Loop
Newport to Huntington Beach
Newport beach front to the Wedge (famous surfing spot)

Enjoy, John

There is lot's of great bike trails in Newport Beach. I linked a yelp article on the voted ten best trails but the detail in yelp is not great. I find that the app, Alltrails, is awesome for finding great hiking, biking and kayaking trails around the world. I purchased a life time subscription to all trails several years ago for $50 and use it all the time. You can using for for free as well but the detail in the subscription is worth the small fee.

Three of our favorite rides in Newport Beach are:

Back-bay Loop
Newport to Huntington Beach
Newport beach front to the Wedge (famous surfing spot)

Enjoy, John

Balboa to Bolsa Chica is good too. About 25 miles round trip. That trail along the beach is one of our favorites. We even do the Santa Ana River trail down to the HB/NB intersection.

i cant comment on how well it works yet but i purchased a Luna mini charger. it allows you to charge at 80-90-100% to help with battery longevity... you just need to puchase the proper plug end. https://www.ebay.com/itm/5-Pack-Lot-DC-Power-Plug-Male-2-1-5-5mm-to-Screw-Terminal-CCTV-Camera-Connector/124027753727?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649 i found them on Ebay. https://lunacycle.com/52v-3amp-luna-mini-charger/

EDIT;
due to the following post. yes that 52 volt charger would have been a bad idea.

Last edited:
Yay!!! Just received an update from Lectric that our bikes have shipped. Ordered 8/27... We have the due date in a few days. So excited and very surprised they shipped earlier than expected. Wow! Can't wait to get them. Hope they arrive without damage. 👍:)

Yay!!! Just received an update from Lectric that our bikes have shipped. Ordered 8/27... We have the due date in a few days. So excited and very surprised they shipped earlier than expected. Wow! Can't wait to get them. Hope they arrive without damage. 👍:)

A month from order to delivery aint bad these days...

Well, no bikes today as FedX tracking number originally provided as the estimated delivery date. I'm posting this update to assists others based on what I learned today from Letric.

Originally, Letric sent me an email with w/tracking number. The tracking number via FedX indicated the shipping label had been sent to FedX by Lectric. Therefore, I have been checking the tracking number to follow shipment, but... This monring I realized there was no way the bikes were going to arrive today because there had been no tracking activity other than the shipping label being sent to FedX, so I called Lectric customer support to see what was up. A very nice fellow answerd the phone, and he was very helpful. He told me this had been an issue between Lectric and FedX for a while. He told me the probelm is that once Lectric sends the shippling label to FedX for pickup to ship, FedX automatically issues an estimated delivery date. One would think that once the shipping label has been sent to FebX, the bikes would be picked up by FedX that afternoon or the lastest, the next day.

The nice fellow informed me that 400 bikes are awaiing pickup by FedX. Ugh! Two of those bikes are ours... 👍 :) This should be good news for others waiting for their bike or bikes. In the end, what the CS representative explained to me that our bikes should be picked up hopefully by this Fri - 9/24/2020. I antisipate they will arrive sometime next week. I feel confident FedX will update the estimated delivery date once they pickup the bikes.

Moral to the story...Until Lectric & FedX resolve this issuse, don't even consider the estimated delivery date from FedX until your order has been picked up by FedX. Regardless, in my particular case, the bikes should still arive within the time I was originally informed they would be actually shipped -5-7 weeks...Just a minor glich in the process that I'm sure they will work out for others in time.

I placed the order for my XP on July 31, and it was delivered on August 7th. I put an additional order in on August 14 for a step through. I spoke with Gabe at Lectric to ask a few questions about orders.

Q1) Are Bikes assembled in the US or China?
A: China. They are shipped to Los Angeles to shipping company Lectric uses and from there to customeri.

Q2) Date & time of order logged when order is taken?
A: Yes. The date & time of the order can be found by the order number; bigger order numbers are placed after smaller ones.

Q3) Are critical parts shortages handled entirely in China?
A: Yes. Lectric has a stock of parts in US for warranty, service and miscellaneous support.

Q4) Are there reasons later orders could be shipped sooner than older orders for the same type bike?
A: Generally orders go out in same order as they are received. However there was an issue with orders that had special instructions, and they were moved to the end of the list, but that has been corrected.

Lastly I asked Gabe when I might see my order come in. He said they got an update from the shipper this month and he assured me it should be delivered in the next few weeks. When I asked if he was confident it would arrive before November he said he was very confident, barring any major unforeseen problems.

Not terribly specific, but no need to get nasty, complain or add any pressure. It just isn't helpful.

EDIT: Just received an email notification:

Your order is on the way

Please allow up to 4 business days from the receipt of this email for your tracking number to be scanned in. Once your tracking number is scanned in the scheduled delivery date will update. Prior to your tracking number being scanned in your scheduled delivery date may not be accurate.

Last edited:
I placed the order for my XP on July 31, and it was delivered on August 7th. I put an additional order in on August 14 for a step through. I spoke with Gabe at Lectric to ask a few questions about orders.

A: China. They are shipped to Los Angeles to shipping company Lectric uses and from there to customeri.

A: Yes. The date & time of the order can be found by the order number; bigger order numbers are placed after smaller ones.

A: Yes. Lectric has a stock of parts in US for warranty, service and miscellaneous support.

Q4) Are there reasons later orders could be shipped sooner than older orders for the same type bike?
A: Generally orders go out in same order as they are received. However there was an issue with orders that had special instructions, and they were moved to the end of the list, but that has been corrected.

Lastly I asked Gabe when I might see my order come in. He said they got an update from the shipper this month and he assured me it should be delivered in the next few weeks. When I asked if he was confident it would arrive before November he said he was very confident, barring any major unforeseen problems.

Not terribly specific, but no need to get nasty, complain or add any pressure. It just isn't helpful.

Your order is on the way

Please allow up to 4 business days from the receipt of this email for your tracking number to be scanned in. Once your tracking number is scanned in the scheduled delivery date will update. Prior to your tracking number being scanned in your scheduled delivery date may not be accurate.
What is your order number?

Your order is on the way

Did you order a black or a white step-thru?

Back