PIM Fork

GOLDBARBILL

Region
USA
I have a PIM Fat Tyre E Bike with a solid front fork. I would like to convert to a suspended fork. Has anybody accomplished this?

You may want to also research steel forks. They are springy but do not add weight. Air forks are nice but good ones are pricy.

Aliexpress is good. You may have better service from a seller with a domestic presence, on eBay. A seller with physical place that has reviews on Google Maps. Just incase there is a problem.

I've got a Bolany (might be an acronym for Baloney 😄) air suspension front fork on my EMTB. Bolany is one of Amazon's favorite Chinese brands. It works fine. I certainly notice the difference in my shoulders after a ride if I've flipped the lockout on the fork by mistake. You do have to check the air pressure before a ride and maybe top it up, but with rechargeable air pumps now, it's not a big deal.
20210330_171127.jpg

I've got a Bolany (might be an acronym for Baloney 😄) air suspension front fork on my EMTB. Bolany is one of Amazon's favorite Chinese brands. It works fine. I certainly notice the difference in my shoulders after a ride if I've flipped the lockout on the fork by mistake. You do have to check the air pressure before a ride and maybe top it up, but with rechargeable air pumps now, it's not a big deal.View attachment 83387
Is this the Avalanche?

Attachments

• DSCF7556.JPG
    DSCF7556.JPG
    306.1 KB · Views: 159
I have no idea what an Avalanche is, but I assume it's a brand of bike. I just used a GT Karakorum frame, only because the triangle was big enough to fit my battery. I threw away all the stock parts and put higher quality components on everywhere. Even the Bolany is a substantial upgrade to the cheapo Suntour suspension fork that came with the bike. The biggest problem I had installing it was getting the star nut into the steering tube. I found out you should use another special tool, but I also figured out that if you use a big enough hammer, it can be installed reasonably straight.

Back