Pics of places you ride your Hydra

That one is in Chino Hills, Ca.

FA027AD3-D6CD-4085-80AC-1B49F596CB19.jpeg

That one is in Chino Hills, Ca.

View attachment 98734
Thank you. After I wrote that I thought, sheesh I don't say where my rides are either. But .... my area is listed in my Avatar. SW Tejas. That's kinda vague isn't it? I live in the SW corner of the Hill Country which is basically central Tejas. Which puts me in the rock strewn brushy Ash Juniper choked agriculturally worthless but decent deer hunting part. 🤣

( Lots of weird exotic creatures these parts too that escaped from oil billionaire's private game preserves.)

And pigs. Bazillions of feral pigs.

There's quite a few trails in this area. None of them are particularly long so I usually string a few together. Most of them are essentially dirt roads. Pretty good for the most part, but there are some areas where the rain drainage has made riding interesting. Great way to test if everything has been properly tightened...including the fillings in your teeth. Some are also popular for walking/running making high speed riding unsafe. Others paths I've never seen another soul on it besides ground squirrels, coyotes, rabbits and the like.

Venison...yum.

Last edited:
Hey, do any of you Wattwagoner's front brake make a little 'ticking' sound? It's rather slight but slightly annoying as well. It sounds out when I apply the brake ( just one little tick or click ) and sometimes just hitting a bump. Probably has something to do with the pads but IDK ... yet.

This is called dragons back. It’s on the way up to the James Andros Bench from Bella Vista Canyon. Steep, loose over hard tight switchbacks. One time I made all but four of them without touching the ground. That’s still my best but I hope one day to get them all.

Attachments

• 0D5A0746-A06F-461F-AF93-CF43A857507C.png
    0D5A0746-A06F-461F-AF93-CF43A857507C.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 215
Thanks @slocoach the color is Northern Lights. The first frame I got was a lot darker tho, almost black, but then dark green in the light.

When I swapped for my new frame the color (pic above) had been lightened quite a bit which I liked because I wanted it a little more green then black.

Thanks @slocoach the color is Northern Lights. The first frame I got was a lot darker tho, almost black, but then dark green in the light.

When I swapped for my new frame the color (pic above) had been lightened quite a bit which I liked because I wanted it a little more green then black.
I wish my Northern Lights were lighter, mine is really dark like you said.

Here's some pics from today after my first real ride! This is a park right by my house.

20211108_145612.jpg

20211108_145203.jpg

20211108_145407.jpg

Those look like some very functional fenders for winter riding in mud KW. Do you mind sharing what those are and how they work for you. (Even if you need to test them more before you answer.) Thanks.

Edit: I see you named them elsewhere. I'll record that for when I get my Hydra.

Last edited:
Had another nice ride on the Hydra today pretty steep and technical - above my level but still a lot of fun got a chance to try out the new 500c display and the Cush Cores. The CCs came in mighty handy especially on the way down
7E5F0516-85F2-4DEC-BDFC-A1084B36D0C6.jpeg
9BCD0CD2-C82D-48B1-AAB6-1D386261A43A.jpeg
4A740574-A6C8-4D4E-80E4-C38E87522A1A.jpeg

Still not happy with high gear skipping on the way home. Chain got stuck for a bit. Looking forward to getting that solved, but all in all, the bike was excellent and the motor a pleasure on the trails.

A5B4EFDE-B0AD-4436-BD9F-07EC93F3201B.jpeg

Beautiful late November day here in Colorado. This trail was not technical and therefore was a good opportunity to exercise the Hydra at some higher speeds and test out the drivetrain modifications. It’s still not quite right but a huge improvement over the original skipping issues so will take that as a win.

Hot Springs Trail lookout facing the mountain.

Attachments

• 72594557-769E-4825-9FA4-A4194F522181.jpeg
    72594557-769E-4825-9FA4-A4194F522181.jpeg
    1,017.1 KB · Views: 178
Cool. That color is even better looking in the distance than it is up close. I like it.

How is progress coming on making it up that zig zag trail Acme?

Back