Photos of your phone holders and drink holders

TAZMANIMAN

I am curious to see what everyone has for a way to mount your phone while riding and with battery setups taking tube space and control panels taking handlebar space how do you deal with a drink holder.

Amazon is full of these phone holder cases, i think i paid $15 for it.
Drink holder, one of the kids spare tennis balls did the trick so well that i never looked for anything else to replace it with.

Attachments

• IMG_20170715_212800.jpg
    IMG_20170715_212800.jpg
    588 KB · Views: 445
  • IMG_20170715_212815.jpg
    IMG_20170715_212815.jpg
    415.1 KB · Views: 427
  • IMG_20170715_212823.jpg
    IMG_20170715_212823.jpg
    459.1 KB · Views: 401
  • IMG_20170711_201920.jpg
    IMG_20170711_201920.jpg
    684.5 KB · Views: 425
  • IMG_20170711_201933.jpg
    IMG_20170711_201933.jpg
    447.2 KB · Views: 407
Nice, I've been considering the bag case approach. My only worry is because it's a lower entry bike the top tube drops relatively soon so I'm not sure. Very interesting drink holder! And if it ain't broke don't fix it! I have rear suspension and battery is on down tube. I think the worst part about my handlebar setup is that their is too much taper and not enough flat stock to be able to clamp things. I do have my headlight on one side but I added extra bar ends that pushed things in a little so I am looking for ideas

Now that I look your bike looks very similar on the top tube lol! My frame neck is somewhat larger than that though.

I`m sure you`ll find a solution or someone will chime in with one that will work for you ....
Here is a bigger picture of the bike.

Attachments

• IMG_20170723_103554.jpg
    IMG_20170723_103554.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 429
For water on my bikes with no frame bosses, I've been using this handlebar mount from Problem Solvers (pictured here with a Bontrager bottle holder):

Attachments

• GX_Day1_D.JPG
    GX_Day1_D.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 833
Attached is my recent bottle cage addition. I got this (amazon) cage and attached it to my rear rack using one velcro cable tie on the bottom and one in the middle attached to the strap on that bag. The bottle cage position under the seat that the bike came with was very small and I actually couldn't find a bottle that fit in it.

Attachments

• 1536535270649.png
    1536535270649.png
    425.3 KB · Views: 410
I have a cheap aluminum bottle cage hanging from my handlebars. I used an inexpensive connector from the bike store that works great. My bike has a bottle cage, but it is in use to hold my foldylock.

My phone carrier is, um, my pocket. If I'm riding on a new route and need to check the map, I pull over which serves both a map-checking and a resting function. Works for me. Usually if I'm on an unfamiliar route it is recreational, or prep for using that route for an errand or commuting on another day, so no time pressure.

My husband, meanwhile, has one of those zipper type phone cases that displays his phone through clear plastic. He is happy with it, but the downside is that he sometimes forgets to take off the phone from the bike. The upside of that is it provides a bit of sprinting to round out the exercise gained via the ebike outing.

I have resisted mounting my phone. I hate having too much stuff cluttering up my cockpit. As for a water bottle, I intend to mount one, but I have been using my Camelbak.

With no accessory bosses available on my frame to mount a bottle cage, I went with a Topeak Bottle Cage Mount accessory (found at REI) -- I mounted it on my handlebar just left of center; it accepts any bottle cage designed around standard mounting-bosses. I mounted it with a slight forward tilt, so that the bottle cage wouldn't hit my top-tube bag when turning the handlebars.
I have a small BiKase top-tube bag to hold my phone; the phone slips into a dedicated pocket (with a clear plastic window that allows touch operation of the phone screen through the plastic.) That pocket sits above the bag's main compartment (where I put my multi-tool, keys, travel wallet, work ID and eyeglass cloth.) Dual zipper-pulls run around the bag to both open the "top" (to remove the phone) and also access the main compartment. I placed the blue eyeglass cloth in the top phone slot for this photo, since the whole bag is black and it might not be apparent where the phone sits, otherwise.
IMG_4693.JPG

Last edited:
Here's what I use on my Haibike XDuro Trekking RX.

The water bottle mount is by SKS, called Anywhere bike mounts. Basically velcro straps with a threaded insert that you can place wherever you want to add a standard water bottle cage. Works really well for my purpose and places the water bottle where I can grab for it while riding.

bottle mount.jpg

This is how it looks on the bike
comute 3 (2).jpg

My cockpit uses a short extension bar to which I moved the Intuvia head unit so I can use the Rokform bike mount. It holds my iPhone securely in the matched rugged case so I can use it as my ride GPS and computer (Cyclemeter App). The bike mount replaces the top cap of the handlebar so I had to move the Intuvia or there would have been overlap.

01042018_000106A.jpg

01042018_000047A.jpg

Last edited:
Phone and GPS on handlebar using RAM mounts:

P1060877a.jpg

Two water bottle cages on down tube:

P1060857a.jpg P1060738a.jpg

I use a Zefal side mount bottle cage on the down tube bottle cage bosses https://www.amazon.com/Zefal-Mount-...09925&sr=8-4&keywords=zefal+water+bottle+cage

and a second one using the 2 Fish Quick Cage adapter. https://www.amazon.com/TwoFish-714-...019&sr=1-1&keywords=2+fish+quick+cage+adapter

This adapter lets you mount a bottle cage on any bike tube regardless of shape. I use them on all my bikes and have never had one slip or come loose. I've even seen one mounted to a down tube battery.

P1060741a.jpg 71IY3XNUhRL._SL1500_.jpg 61QTjW58-LL._SL1200_.jpg

Back