Peugeot eC01 urban e-bike Crossover electric bicycle launched

FlatSix911

Region
USA
City
Silicon Valley
I wish Puegeot much success with this model ... they were famous for their Mixte with the twin toptube in the '60/'70s. ;)

Peugeot eC01 Crossover electric bicycle launched as company’s latest urban e-bike (electrek.co)

Peugeot has just launched its latest electric bicycle model, known as the Peugeot eC01 Crossover. The company has made impressive strides in the electric bicycle market lately, with a half dozen crossover-style models launched late last year. Now the Peugeot eC01 Crossover adds a new Bosch-powered step-through frame to the list.

Designed and manufactured in France, the bike features a classic upright seating position to give riders a lofty vantage point of the road ahead. The 57 mm (2.25″) wide Schwalbe Hurricane tires help the bike clear obstacles better than the narrow tires typically found on dedicated urban-only e-bikes. A front suspension fork ensures that the bike can tackle tougher riding than typical urban e-bikes, while the inclusion of fenders and a rear rack provide the utility that most e-bike commuters require.

The Peugeot eC01 Crossover sports a Bosch Performance CX mid-drive motor paired with a removable 500 Wh battery hidden within the frame. The company claims that the battery is sufficient for up to 120 km (75 mi) of range, when used in the lowest assist level. The mid-drive motor is rated for 63 Nm of torque, and Peugeot paired a 10-speed Shimano Deore transmission to ensure riders have a wide range of gears to apply that torque to the ground on various inclines. Shimano MT201 hydraulic disc brakes come standard to increase stopping power while also reducing maintenance. The Peugeot eC01 Crossover e-bike is available now for a price of €3,199 incl. VAT, or approximately US$3,900).

1611465374341.png

Why all these automotive companies think they know anything on e-bike design?

Peugeot Cycles has a long history of producing bicycles going back to 1882.
Yeah, right. I've completely forgotten about that. In early 1990s, I saw a Peugeot bike exhibited in a Warsaw store. The price seemed exorbitant at that time.
Now, you are showing the eC01 Crossover. While the battery on the rack is still an acceptable solution, I think Peugeot Cycles could have tried better... (Or. what does she carry on the rear rack?)

In the 80’s I bought from a school mate a second hand Peugeot 10-speed in that same metallic blue, I loved the extra set of brake levers on top as I never found it comfortable to ride crouched down in the drops.

Back