Penta Pin Security Bolts

Rickman1

Region
USA
City
Aridzona
If I have to leave my bike parked for a short period of time, I lock it with an ABUS Alarmed Bordo Folding lock. I try to park it where it’s visible and only for a short period of time. I worried that someone would walk off with my seat and seatpost as it had a quick release clamp. I purchased a regular seatpost clamp (color coordinated to bike of course) and purchased some Penta Pin Security Bolts I found on Amazon to use with the clamp. Bolt requires special tool to loosen/tighten. I feel a bit better now that my seat and post will not easily be stolen and I don’t have to carry an extra chain lock for the seat/seatpost. Not expensive and I think it will do the job.

1C4BC572-D4DA-48CB-9147-2C64EBF69AB1.jpeg

B513F8B4-EE36-4848-B107-C0A18BF277A7.jpeg

Neat! Tamper proof Allen heads. Let us know how they hold up and if they allow you to tighten the clamp down enough. I use HexLox myself.

whatever you don't lose the wrench. Because you can't walk in to the local hardware store and get a replacement.

I have done the same with my seat bolt and am not sure if this is a better idea compared to using a Hexlox method. My thought is that it's an EXTREMELY rare thief that would have the correct tool for this, even rarer than a thief who mastered the Hexlox removal.
ALSO, I suggest using a round headed penta-pin screw since it's much harder to grab on the side with a plier.

Last edited:
Back