Pedals move freely, but wheel doesn't spin?

Cassius Bright

I have a Bulls Cross Mover Speed, and when I was riding tonight all of a sudden I heard a loud noise (kind of a cross between a pop and a crash I guess?) and now the pedals spin in place with no resistance and do not move the bike. I've read that it might be the spring in the free hub I believe it was? But I thought I'd solicit opinions.

it may be a stuck pall. you would need to take the free hub apart and check. if you don't have the tools then a bike shop can do it.

I have a Bulls Cross Mover Speed, and when I was riding tonight all of a sudden I heard a loud noise (kind of a cross between a pop and a crash I guess?) and now the pedals spin in place with no resistance and do not move the bike. I've read that it might be the spring in the free hub I believe it was? But I thought I'd solicit opinions.
You say the pedal cranks spin without driving the bike, but is the chain moving while spinning the cranks forward? If the chain is moving it's a free wheel hub problem, if the chain is not moving it's a Bosch drive problem.

Thank you for the suggestions, but it turns out I'm an idiot. I forgot to check if it was the chain. Something got logged in the chain guard and knocked off the chain.

Back