Pedal Assist malfunctioning on new Ripcurrent

Tawn Midkiff

Region
USA
Hello,
I have seen this question asked numerous times on this thread, but never any resolution. Basically I have just purchased a new Ripcurrent from Juiced and it has not worked since I got it. The throttle is fine and at the beginning of a ride the pedal assist works. However, after a few minutes of riding the pedal assist starts cutting out until it no longer provides any assist at all (throttle still works fine). I have contacted the company, but have not received much help from them other than to recommend their troubleshooting steps. I have literally done everything possible to trouble shoot this and everything looks fine. The spacing between the torque sensor is perfect, all connections are tight and the brake cut outs are working properly. I am so frustrated as I do love the bike and just want to ride it. From experience on working on other electronic issues this seems to be a short due to some sort of overheating issue (always starts after reaching speeds over 15 mph for an extended period of time)...but nothing feels hot. Anyway, if anyone knows or has experienced this, please, I would appreciate any resolution you used to fix the problem. Thank you.

Can't speak to repairs, but I'd start talking to your credit card company about the situation if Juiced continues to be unhelpful. The Juiced return policy is pretty unforgiving and won't allow you to return it unless they grant you an exception.

Policy:
*Unused bikes, parts, and accessories may be returned within 14 days of your receipt of the products by contacting us HERE.
*To be eligible for a return, the item must be unused, free from dirt, dust, or any fragrances/odors, and in the same packaging and condition that you received it.
*The box must be sealed and unopened. Please ship your bike back in its original box. Subject to a 10% restocking fee.
*Original shipping charges are non-refundable. Customers are responsible for ALL shipping costs if they elect to return or exchange their bike.

PS: their site is sloppy and states both a 10% and a 15% restocking fee. If it changes since this post, it's because they're reading this forum :).

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210120-170144_Brave.jpg
    Screenshot_20210120-170144_Brave.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 350
Great, so they are going to ignore me for 14 days and then refuse to replace the parts.... that's complete crap.

Any resolution?
I guess....they sent me an e-mail saying they would send a new torque sensor whenever it was available. Problem is, I don't think that is the problem....since it works fine until I reach a stride of 15 MPH and then it starts fading out....sounds more like an ECU issue to me...but we'll see. I am afraid it will be months before this gets resolved☹️

Hello,
I have seen this question asked numerous times on this thread, but never any resolution. Basically I have just purchased a new Ripcurrent from Juiced and it has not worked since I got it. The throttle is fine and at the beginning of a ride the pedal assist works. However, after a few minutes of riding the pedal assist starts cutting out until it no longer provides any assist at all (throttle still works fine). I have contacted the company, but have not received much help from them other than to recommend their troubleshooting steps. I have literally done everything possible to trouble shoot this and everything looks fine. The spacing between the torque sensor is perfect, all connections are tight and the brake cut outs are working properly. I am so frustrated as I do love the bike and just want to ride it. From experience on working on other electronic issues this seems to be a short due to some sort of overheating issue (always starts after reaching speeds over 15 mph for an extended period of time)...but nothing feels hot. Anyway, if anyone knows or has experienced this, please, I would appreciate any resolution you used to fix the problem. Thank you.
This sounds like a controller problem to me. I have had this same problem on my CCX and when I replaced the existing controller with a new one sent from Juiced, the problem went away.

My RCS's assist totally died on my 3rd ride. No symptoms before that, just no assist. Turned out someone at the factory installed the ECU in the downtube backwards thus crushing the motor wire. Took 2 months of yelling and screaming at Luis (their head tech), my friend who is my Attorney calling them and writing a letter to the Attorney General in Chula Vista to resolve it. It was a huge unnecessary ordeal which is completely resolved and the bike is totally fine and reliable now. It was during Juiced's mega growth period so they didn't really know how to handle issues. Now they're much more together, but VERY mechanical when trying to get an answer. They never seem to answer a semi-complex question in a straight forward way, at least to me. It's a game

Glad you finally got it resolved. So I have been working with Juiced support on installing a wheel that Juiced repaired the Hub tower and cassette. Basically a bearing failed on a new rear wheel and they replaced the drive side of the rear bafang hub. The cassette had a different spacer installed after the repair causing the gap between the 9th gear and Speed sensor to change. They told me the gap between the 9th gear and the sensor should be 2mm or less for proper reading. I have attached a picture of the gap you want to check when troubleshooting the pedal assist. The hub spacers are different depending on the cassette assembly. Recessed hubs use washers and flush hubs don't use any. Juiced has a document showing this. My assist is intermittent after removing the rear wheel

1638705974161.png

1638706100059.png

Back