Pedal assist bike recommendations for 5 foot female

If you are still interested in shopping around I noticed a Chicago ebike dealer Kozy's carries several brands and given a week's notice they can bring in the Pedego "miniceptor" with 24" wheels, here's Court's review, it looks like it was designed for people up to 5'2". Also the Trek Lift+ low-step weighs only 45lb including battery and has a small size frame option for riders over 5', here's Court's review.
I just sent them a message to see if they can help. Thanks!

Yes, there is Impulse 8 in their Nort Am list. Can't say about upright position. Looks like regular commuter straight handlebars, no? The problem with bikes like Kalkhoff is they are less common in the US, hard to find one in flesh to try out.
I've put a message directly into Kalkhoff. Let's see what happens!

I just sent them a message to see if they can help. Thanks!
Looking at the Kozy's website it appears they might have a Pedego 24" miniceptor in White with the 15AH battery in stock at their South Side Wabash Ave store, I'd suggest calling ahead to check this is accurate and book a test ride.
Kozy's South Side
2540 S. Wabash
Chicago, IL 60616
Get Directions
312-794-4155
M-F 11-8, Sat 10-6, Sun 12-6

At that price you better make sure it fits. Test ride is a must.

I wouldn't fixate too much on Kalkhoff. Yeah, well, hydraulic brakes, no big deal considering small 250W motor. Its battery isn't awfully big 400WH. There is no free lunch in physics and mechanics. Small motor draws low watts, keep it on the lowest PAS level and it draws almost nothing, that's why those impressive 127 miles. Your muscles will be responsible for 100-110 miles out of those 127 :)...

There are other step-through frames that are more readily available. IMO, any step-through with frame under 17" should work for your height.

+1 on the 24" Pedego Interceptor. We've put people as short as about 4'9" on them. Interceptors have pedal assist and throttle, but you can disable the throttle if you don't want it. Someone your height should sit pretty upright with the bars sweeping back toward you and your feet slightly forward. The bars on the 24" version are made narrower for smaller people, but can be swapped easily if they're not right.

Hi

I'm 5' 3.5" and have also shopped for ebikes. I tried the Athena, which I liked, but traded it for an Evo. I ultimately bought a .Pedago 24". I love the bike, but...

I think that our height, it also gets down to leg length. Some can get a good balance with seat height, knee considerations, and place feet securely on the ground, while sitting on the seat.

The Pedego 24", Evo, and even the Athena, are good bikes to consider, inmho
Good luck!
Irene

Linda there is an opportunity to try dozens of different types of ebikes at the upcoming Electric Bike Expo, June 23-25, Lincolnwood Town Center, 3333 Touhy Ave., Lincolnwood IL 60712. Hours: Friday 3pm – 7pm; Saturday 9am-6pm; Sunday 10am-4pm. I went to one of these events last year and it's both educational and fun.

Update on my bike search for those in a similar situation...My closest Kalkhoff dealer is in Cedar Rapids, Iowa at Northtowne Pedal and Spoke. The impulse 8 (though listed on the Kalkhoff North American website) is not available in an XS frame. So, I'm looking at the Agutta b7. On highest pedal assist, it goes 26 miles (which is only 4 miles more than my current retrofitted Trek). So, they are working on changing out the battery pack that comes with it for an extra large battery pack. To be continued...

Linda there is an opportunity to try dozens of different types of ebikes at the upcoming Electric Bike Expo, June 23-25, Lincolnwood Town Center, 3333 Touhy Ave., Lincolnwood IL 60712. Hours: Friday 3pm – 7pm; Saturday 9am-6pm; Sunday 10am-4pm. I went to one of these events last year and it's both educational and fun.
That sounds fun! If I haven't bought I bike yet, I'll definitely check it out! Thanks!

+1 on the 24" Pedego Interceptor. We've put people as short as about 4'9" on them. Interceptors have pedal assist and throttle, but you can disable the throttle if you don't want it. Someone your height should sit pretty upright with the bars sweeping back toward you and your feet slightly forward. The bars on the 24" version are made narrower for smaller people, but can be swapped easily if they're not right.
Thank you, that's very helpful. I'm going to check it out.

Hi

I'm 5' 3.5" and have also shopped for ebikes. I tried the Athena, which I liked, but traded it for an Evo. I ultimately bought a .Pedago 24". I love the bike, but...

I think that our height, it also gets down to leg length. Some can get a good balance with seat height, knee considerations, and place feet securely on the ground, while sitting on the seat.

The Pedego 24", Evo, and even the Athena, are good bikes to consider, inmho
Good luck!
Irene
Thanks Irene. I'm going to look at the Pedego 24". The others look too big for my 4'11' body.

Thanks Irene. I'm going to look at the Pedego 24". The others look too big for my 4'11' body.

The Chicago E-bike expo is happening in 2 weeks. You will have about 150 different models to see and try out.
I am sure you will find it useful to attend and see what really works for you.
I don't think Pedego is participating but I think 24" Pedego is a great suggestion.

The Chicago E-bike expo is happening in 2 weeks. You will have about 150 different models to see and try out.
I am sure you will find it useful to attend and see what really works for you.
I don't think Pedego is participating but I think 24" Pedego is a great suggestion.
Sounds like a really good idea! Thank you for the heads up!

5 feet, huh? You might try this model. You can keep your 5th foot as a spare...rest it on the front handlebars.

https://www.e-bikeshop.co.uk/Gepida-Thoris-Tandem-Bosch-Electric-Bike

Gepida-Thoris-2017-Electric-Bosch-Tandem-Bike.jpg

Tried the Pedego 24" interceptor yesterday. I'm used to torque sensing so the cadence sensing freaked me out! Looking forward to the Ebike expo next week! Thanks for all your input everyone!

Agattu B7 in XS would be my top recommendation. As stated it has a 26" wheel and you should be able to swap the battery if you need a longer range. This bike has been very popular for us in the shop and you really can't go wrong with the Bosch motor.

Tried the Pedego 24" interceptor yesterday. I'm used to torque sensing so the cadence sensing freaked me out! Looking forward to the Ebike expo next week! Thanks for all your input everyone!

Great! I see M&M Cyclery will be there so maybe you'll get a chance to ride an Electra Townie Go!

Back