PAS was set to 0 and the bike is regenerating when pedaling over 15 mph

ryukenden73

i was riding the bike yesterday.. and i am getting some regen when I am at PAS 0. it feels like the bike is braking when you go past 15 mph, and you can see a red negative wattage indicator on the display instead of green.

found a downhill and the bike is regenerating from PAS 0, 1 and 2. ( I have set my PAS settings from 0-5 )

is this correct?

If you have it set to PAS 0-5, settings 0,1,2 will brake regen; settings 3, 4, 5 will not brake regen

One would think that 0 would be "human mode", but nope.

i was riding the bike yesterday.. and i am getting some regen when I am at PAS 0. it feels like the bike is braking when you go past 15 mph, and you can see a red negative wattage indicator on the display instead of green.

found a downhill and the bike is regenerating from PAS 0, 1 and 2. ( I have set my PAS settings from 0-5 )

is this correct?
Yes this is consistent with my settings. Its annoying that you can't have a completely "human mode" on PAS 0 (that I'm aware of). In PAS 1 or 2 I can hold down the throttle to cancel out the regen effect. I wish they'd switch their system to be brake activated - which makes much more sense.

The 2021 Wallke X3 Pro uses a freewheeling rear hub motor which does not regenerate power. For this, I'm very happy, as regen would practically eliminate the ability to coast after a downhill, and would liad the bike when motor power's not used. The amount of regen would likely be minimal. The advanced display is made for bikes of all types, providing controller parameters for those that may. Th X3 Pro is not one of them.

Back