Panniers?

CafeRoaster

Hey folks!

Has anyone found some good panniers for their Juiced ODKU500? We are using these panniers from Holland Bike Shop, which utilize Velcro instead of any sort of strap closure system. This means they flap open a lot. So we're trying to find something else that we can use that'll store a lot of stuff, mainly for groceries and carrying all of our cold/wet weather gear.

Anyone?

Has anyone found some good panniers for their Juiced ODKU500?
CafeRoaster,

I'm not using panniers on my ODK because I opted for the rear basket. However, I was looking around for some new equipment for my motorcycle when I remembered the Wolfman Motorcycle Luggage website. They make a couple of series of panniers for motorcycles that beat anything you can find for bicycles (in my opinion). They are far sturdier but not heavy, and one version arguably holds more than any bicycle pannier I've seen. The cool thing is that these panniers don't require a mounting bracket; they simply sling over the ODK's rear rack, and are secured using a system of cinching straps. The downside is that they are more expensive than what you might find for bicycles. The upside is that they are dry bags, so you could attach these to your surfboard and nothing inside would get wet. I may still invest in the largest version of their panniers someday. With the panniers, my rear basket and my front basket, I'll have plenty of room to carry my groceries on the days when I do my "heavy" shopping. Check out this video of one of the retailers demonstrating the Wolfman Enduro series of panniers and bags. It'll give you a good idea of how much room they have inside. The guy starts talking about the panniers at about 4:56 into the video.

P.S. I already own a Wolfman dry duffle bag that I've used to carry tent equipment while camping, as well as my clothing on cross-country motorcycle tours. I've had it for six years, and suspect that it will last another twenty.

Last edited:
We've used 3 types of bike bags with the U500. We've used Koki UP1: (Link Removed - No Longer Exists). This is a single bag with clips, so you could fit 2, one on either side. However, one of our 3 U500's had a manufacturing issue with the bike rails: it was too far inward, so the clips couldn't reach the rails. It fit fine on the other 2 though. After 1 year of daily use (and probably overloading it) the clips broke, but I guess that's normal.

Then we used the Koki UP2, which is a Dutch style pannier with bags on both sides: (Link Removed - No Longer Exists). The first two worked great, although the velcro was a tiny bit short. However, when we bought the third one, the Velcro was a couple of inches shorter and it didn't fit anymore on the U500's oversize rack. So if you want to try this one, definitely try it out first.

Our most recent purchase is the A2B Dual XL bag, which is made by Basil: http://www.wearea2b.com/us/accessories . It is bigger and more solid than the Koki, also more expensive (about $120-130 if I remember correctly). I like these a lot, but we've only had them for a couple of weeks. These are easy to install.

Our most recent purchase is the A2B Dual XL bag, which is made by Basil: http://www.wearea2b.com/us/accessories . It is bigger and more solid than the Koki, also more expensive (about $120-130 if I remember correctly). I like these a lot, but we've only had them for a couple of weeks. These are easy to install.
What website did you buy this from? I am unable to find it on Amazon for shipping to the US. I was able to find the Kavan XL on Amazon however - looks like it could be a good fit? Are there any other companies that make similar products? I'd love to get them in blue to match my blue ODK.

What website did you buy this from? I am unable to find it on Amazon for shipping to the US. I was able to find the Kavan XL on Amazon however - looks like it could be a good fit? Are there any other companies that make similar products? I'd love to get them in blue to match my blue ODK.

I bought the A2B bags at Electric Bicycle Superstore in San Francisco. Based on the Amazon.com picture, it appears that the Basil Kavan bags have the same attachment mechanism as our A2B bags, so I think it could be a good fit, but I would check the return policy, just in case.

I'm thinking these Ortlieb ones could work well, and they'd match the blue of the bike.

On a side note, I have the feeling like by using panniers that would work on a non-"cargo" style bike that I'd be limiting the potential carrying capacity of the ODK vs using cargo bike specific bags/systems. Is that something that's just in my head?

I'm thinking these Ortlieb ones could work well, and they'd match the blue of the bike.

On a side note, I have the feeling like by using panniers that would work on a non-"cargo" style bike that I'd be limiting the potential carrying capacity of the ODK vs using cargo bike specific bags/systems. Is that something that's just in my head?
Turns out the Ortlieb bags don't fit the ODK - I'm still looking for bags. For now I'm going to put on a EMGO trunk until I find the perfect bags.

Back