Pace 500 Limited Edition

Bill1031

Just sort of wondering... I ordered and payed thru Paypal in full back on 4.24.2020. Have not heard nothing except the confirmation email. Anyone have one of these bikes yet? Is it normal they take the money before shipping to me? Other items I have bought usually show PENDING till just before shipping? It would be nice if they sent at least an email saying something like, Everything is on track and we expect your order soon. I am OK with the wait, just would like some kind of contact. Forgot I have gotten email from them about ordering a new bike from them. Basically ads.

Aventon is an excellent company to deal with. Just contact them by phone or text, email and ask them. They’re very easy to deal with and they have an excellent reputation.

I ordered mine about two weeks ago, through a local bike shop. Its supposed to be in next week, I only had to put a small deposit. I know many people on other sites are saying FedEx is backed up. Im sure if you give Aventon a call, they will be glad to help you.

Hey Wendy, where you ordered through a bike shop, then you probably won’t have to pay for assembly. I didn’t and had to pay a shop $100. and a friend ordered through his shop (they sell Aventon) and didn’t have to pay for assembly. Good luck and enjoy the bike. I‘m enjoying the bike every time I take it out.

I’ve placed my order for an Aventon sinch on may 1st, it’s now the 21st, the shipping label has been created but it has not left the warehouse, and according to fedex it should have arrived on the 19th. (Tuesday).

ive been with several emails and phone calls, with blame being placed on fedex only showing up at the warehouse every other day, (instead of every day) and the FedEx truck is full so they don’t actually add any more bikes to the truck so they can ship.

its been very frustrating for me as I can’t get a clear answer where My order is at.

to be fair due to covid it’s been an hectic few months, but it’s also been 10 days over due from the promises made on their website.

if anyone have these issues please keep me updated With how their orders are going.

This is the latest I have from Aventon:

Thanks for writing. We appreciate your business.

FedEx in Southern California is currently broken. They cannot handle the increased volume of shipments due to the COVID-19 pandemic and are overwhelmed.

As a result, they have made several changes, including voiding their on-time delivery guarantee and removed their online chat support function.

If you see “label created” but no movement on the tracking, one of two things has happened:

• Your package is actually in the FedEx system, but they missed scanning it at pickup / unload time. It may be delivered without the tracking ever updating.

• Your package is on our loading dock waiting for FedEx to pickup as part of the daily, scheduled pickup we pay them for. On more than 50% of the days in the last two weeks, FedEx has sent trucks that are already completely full, or hasn’t sent trucks at all to accept our shipments. We currently have hundreds of boxes on our loading dock waiting for FedEx to pickup.

Please rest assured that we have already processed and shipped your order as promised. Calling FedEx will not help.

In addition to the problem described above, FedEx has additional delays and problems throughout the United States. You may see shipments taking longer than expected to move or be delivered.

I know FedEx is working hard to restore a normal service level. Thank you for your patience.

I feel sorry for you. I Know it would be easy for me to say be patient, but during this difficult time, like you have already stated, there’s is nothing you can do. Unless they let you cancel the order and try to find a local bike shop that sells Aventon, they may have what you’re looking for. Go to their web site and put in your zip code to locate the nearest dealer. Again I’m sorry for your situation and good luck.

Hang in there, you'll get your Pace 500 LE. Every ebike OEM is going through the pains of a 90 plus day production shut down in China, followed by massive demand for bikes and ebikes. Aventon has ebike shipments from overseas coming in every week, and they are sorting them and shipping to individuals and dealers alike.

They like everyone else have had their operations impacted by the lockdowns and social distancing. They had to institute measures to protect their workers and that slows things down in terms of shipping out what they get in.

Fedex freight has had severe issues in their local area, totally dropping the ball on missed times for pick ups, and partial loads,and big time delays. So orders by individuals on their website have been impacted more than their shipments to dealers which go by commercial freight. They have developed some work arounds to Fedex,and no they can't just switch to UPS due to how contracts are structured and UPS now charging highway robbery fees to vendors who have been screwed by Fedex's problems, so it's cost prohibitive to even consider them.

Aventon is an excellent company to work with, and has more ebikes coming in right now, and shipping out sooner than 12 other brands I carry.

Are things perfect there ? Well no, but thats bc this virus has heavily impacted all operations on so many industries across our country and even the globe. Major patience is the key, and to just chill out, as you know darn well how manu businesses are still locked down, and it's a miracle quite frankly that the ones still able to operate are functioning anything close to 50%. Please try to Temper your expectations otherwise you will only be disappointing yourself and putting an impossible deadline on a company doing its absolute best.

I don't know why people keep thinking companies should do 'this or that' in a situation where everyone knows how severely impacted all aspects of our lives have been for past couple of months. And consider yourself fortunate to have been 1 of 270 to actually get your order in and accepted. That's all that were being built of the Limited Edition.

My two cents and not trying to be mean, but sheesh it's getting old seeing so many people complaining about this or that being late or not to their 'liking' or even not to their expectation of certain communications. I've had to alter my operations significantly as a bike shop as have thousands of other shops and it's damn hard and takes lots of extra hours. If you don't own a business then you probably won't 'get it.'.

But I'll tell you it's refreshing when customers come in, highly grateful to have a chance to shop for an Ebike, and are gracious and patient, and express ir verbally, since they know so many other places are still closed down and it's not easy going through this for sellers or buyers alike. The internet doesn't change that. Just because you get to press a few buttons and make your order, doesn't mean it's that easy on the other end that's delivering what you want. Life has been materially altered and people just need to accept that. It's not going to come back anytime soon to anything close to preCovid 19.

I will call them today just to see when they expect to receive shipment. I am being patient, I understand that it may take awhile but I do not think it is to much to ask that you get a follow up email every couple weeks, I get an advertisement every couple days for a 300 or on of those single speed bikes. Also, as I said thought it was strange they took all money before they had the bike in hand. The website said "order now to hold your place in line" nothing about pay me first and will let you know. I guess times have changed... I was in sales for 45 years before retiring. Communication is key. Customers feel more comfortable about spending their hard earned money with you. OK enough venting. LOL P,S Interesting to know I will get one of 270 bikes! Thanks Mike!

Called but got recording saying they get 300 calls a day and the demand for bikes is up 600%. Please check website. So I just wait.

Upon further exploring of the web site under support. I have found the information I was looking for and more. That is where you see in pre order you are charged in full. Also After signing up I found my bike is still Unfulfilled. I guess I didn't dig far enough to begin with. My bad.

We have had two Pace bikes for almost 6 months and I can attest to the very good quality of the 350 and 500. So far, we have had no issues with either bike. I have also called their support line several times to ask operational questions and every time I called they answered immediately, except for last Friday. On Friday, they called me back in about an hour and I had a 10-15 minute conversation where they again, answered my questions very professionally.

Got great news this morning! Bike is being shipped!
Congrats!!! I am still waiting on mine and the email I got yesterday said it would come on or before the date indicated when I ordered it. I ordered on 24th May and it indicated 6 days in the morning but changed to 15 by night. 15 Would have been yesterday so I was kind of bummed by the email I got. I want to get rolling and the mild weather has been perfect for it!!!

Back