Pace 500.3

oavdn17

Region
USA

I really liked the Pace 500 Next Gen or 500.2 so I'm curious how people will like the 500.3 with the torque sensor. I think since it's a city bike it's probab a change most riders will like unless they're going to ride in hilly areas (in which case it will be much more work so some won't like the change).

The torque sensor I think will be an improvement, mostly for battery life.

I have a Pace 500.2, one of the things I wished they would have done differently was to make the gears different so you can push harder and go faster at the top end. With PAS 5, I can get up to 35 mph pretty easily, but I'm pedaling so fast, and so easily on the top gear, I can't make the bike go much faster.

The problem I have with the 500.3 is that they may have made this even worse. From one online review:

They did make one small change to the drivetrain, increasing the size of the chainring in the crankset from 46 teeth to 48t; the upshot is that a rider won’t have to pedal quite so hard to reach top speed.

So the 500.3 might be easier to get to top speed, but once you get there, it will probably be slower than the 500.2.

Note: I'm not talking about the 28mph top rating in the specs, of course you can go faster than that with pedaling, gravity, wind, etc

Absolutely love my Aventon Pace 500 (original model). Have about 1,900 miles on it now. If I could only pick one thing to change it would be torque sensor (to be honest, I didn't even know that was a thing when I bought the bike, I thought you only got to pick between rear-hub and mid-drive and I went for rear-hub for $ reasons). If I could change one other thing, it would be front suspension. Use it a few times per week to commute, have more than returned my investment based on car/gas savings and quality of life improvement by getting so much fresh air!

Absolutely love my Aventon Pace 500 (original model). Have about 1,900 miles on it now. If I could only pick one thing to change it would be torque sensor (to be honest, I didn't even know that was a thing when I bought the bike, I thought you only got to pick between rear-hub and mid-drive and I went for rear-hub for $ reasons). If I could change one other thing, it would be front suspension. Use it a few times per week to commute, have more than returned my investment based on car/gas savings and quality of life improvement by getting so much fresh air!
I'm in the planning stage of installing a suspension fork on my 500.3. More later...

I'm in the planning stage of installing a suspension fork on my 500.3. More later...
You will have to let me know how that goes and the cost. I would have it installed by the bike shop but interested for sure as I plan to keep the bike a few more years and that’s the main thing I wish I had.

You will have to let me know how that goes and the cost. I would have it installed by the bike shop but interested for sure as I plan to keep the bike a few more years and that’s the main thing I wish I had.
I agree with the need, I'll keep you informed.
John

Back