Out of stock until further notice.

tomjasz

Region
USA
City
Minnesnowta
sadly the shipping times from EM3ev has halted faster ship times from California store.

Last edited:
I ordered an EM3EV 36v battery from California Ebike on July 13, and it was delivered to me in Virginia today. Assuming the 36v pack had to be imported from China I think one month is a reasonable delivery time for a battery.

I ordered a EM3EV 52v 17.5ah battery from California Ebike on Aug 5th and have heard nothing from them as of today. I will likely cancel my order if they dont respond to my latest email.

Order from EM3EV directly is very fast considering they are in china. I ordered a battery a from EM3EV a few months back and it came in 2 weeks, I ordered a BBSHD from EM3EV on Aug 10th and it is supposed to arrive tomorrow.

FWIW, Im in Colorado

I got a message from California Ebike on August 1 with a fedex tracking order, a couple of weeks after I placed my order

I ordered a EM3EV 52v 17.5ah battery from California Ebike on Aug 5th and have heard nothing from them as of today. I will likely cancel my order if they dont respond to my latest email.

Order from EM3EV directly is very fast considering they are in china. I ordered a battery a from EM3EV a few months back and it came in 2 weeks, I ordered a BBSHD from EM3EV on Aug 10th and it is supposed to arrive tomorrow.

FWIW, Im in Colorado
Please call and I can help. (707) 400-5546 option 4.

Please call and I can help. (707) 400-5546 option 4.
I got a message from California Ebike on August 1 with a fedex tracking order, a couple of weeks after I placed my order
All batteries except 52v are shipped direct from EM3ev. He just Ed started stocking 52V. He wishes he could inspire faster shipments. Poke around the internet for posts about EM3ev shipping times. I wish it were different. I asked and they don’t find an email request. I don’t work in the shop but am happy to help you going forward.

I apologize for not updating this thread. I completely understand the frustration!

Last edited:
Well my problems with my 52V 17.7AH california ebike battery order are over today as I called them and cancelled the order. What a nightmare!

I placed the order on August 5th.

I received a notice on Monday that the order would arrive tomorrow with a signature required which means I had to rearrange work stuff and other things to be at home.

I then get a notice from Fedex last night that it will arrive today so I had to once again rearrange things last minute.

Only got 4 hours sleep in order to make sure I could wake up early to sign for the package. The package did not arrive today.

The bottom line is it was returned back to california ebike instead of delivered to me. I called them and it was a mixup by fedex.

Here are my issues with ordering a battery from california ebike.

1.) They have misleading stock status. Im sorry for all the ship-port delivery issues but not showing out of stock on the product page is a serious problem. I have alot of stuff
going on right now and ordered the battery when I had a quiet two week period. IMHO, its not in stock if its in sitting on a ship somewhere. Be honest with your customers please!!

2.) #1 could be forgiven if I had gotten an additional notice the next day or so that they were out of stock. I never received an email.

3.) I wrote them an email using the email supplied on my order and never got a response(they claim they didnt get my email). Thanks to TomasZ for stepping up and helping me.
I always question people not saying they got an email, it has never happened to me.

4.) Signature required for Delivery. This makes it such a hassle. Maybe this is required because its a hazardous package but I have gotten batteries directly from em3ev without having to sign anything.

I know people claim all sorts of long deliveries from EM3EV but they have worked well for me. I have ordered batteries from them and BBSHD and they come in two weeks, no signature required.

The 36v battery I ordered through California Ebike was delivered by FedEx and left on my doorstep, no signature required. Given that was your experience ordering from EM3EV that jibes with what @tomjasz says above - mine was shipped direct from EM3EV from China. My previous two experiences ordering a battery in stock with a US retailer were shipped via UPS and FedEx respectively and both times I had to sign for them. With the domestic FedEx battery shipment I was out when they attempted to deliver and get a signature so they left a door note telling me where to go to pick it up from one of their mail depots. It might be as you say that standard procedure for domestic class 9 hazmat shipping is always sign for delivery, but I’m disappointed for you that FedEx did not hold it and notify you.

Last edited:
The 36v battery I ordered through California Ebike was delivered by FedEx and left on my doorstep, no signature required. Given that was your experience ordering from EM3EV that jibes with what @tomjasz says above - mine was shipped direct from EM3EV. My previous two experiences ordering a battery from a US retailer were shipped via UPS and FedEx respectively and both times I had to sign for them, with FedEx I was out when they attempted to deliver and get a signature so they left a door note telling me where to go to pick it up from one of their mail depots. It might be as you say that standard procedure for domestic hazardous shipping is always sign for delivery, but I’m disappointed for you that FedEx did not hold it and notify you.
The problem isnt that Fedex tried to deliver and then returned it. Fedex apparently never sent it and just returned it eventhough the tracking notices clearly showed my name/address as the destination

I do have a Fedex mail depot close and have redirected required signature deliveries there before(actually preferring fedex for any deliveries requiring signature for this reason). Since I mostly work from home these day, I just rearranged a few things to sign for the package in person.

I know I cant blame California Ebike for Fedex issues but the out of stock thing, no followup emails on my order(out of stock) and the required signature were all frustrating for a $750 order. Im all about supporting the middleman but I see no advantage in this case. EM3ev has prompty responded to all emails and even informed me of potential issues with my orders, california ebike just seems to have lost emails. I would expect better customer service from the 'middleman'

Luna Cycles also requires signature on alot of stuff as well and takes FOREVER to process an order. I ordered a BBSHD from EM3EV and Luna on the same day and got the EM3EV BBSHD a few days earlier without a signature(from china). Im all about supporting american business even when its cost more but when its faster/easier/cheaper from china, whats the point.

I understand that a business has the right to require a signature. I also have the right to take my business elsewhere. Just order from EM3EV directly and cut out the middleman. If the middleman offers nothing more than additional cost/frustration other than hoarding batteries, whats the point.

Last edited:
my 52V 17.7AH california ebike battery order are over today as I called them and cancelled the order.
You called the number listed on their webpage? The same number that has been there all along? I personally contacted the principals and reviewed emails. Why someone would imply a dealer was disingenuous regarding receiving email is beyond my sensibilities.

Thank goodness there are no timing and delivery problems with the eBike parts supply chain and battery deliveries…

If the middleman offers nothing more than additional cost/frustration other than hoarding batteries, whats the point.
California ebike are a full service DIY ebike stockist, the advantage of 'hoarding' (aka keeping items on the shelf in the US to support their US customers) is self-evident. 5 years ago I blew the controller on the 2013 BBS01 I bought from California Ebike and it was because they kept a stock of spare controllers stateside that I was able to repair my motor after Bafang changed the design without informing retailers. @tomjasz mentioned above they are working on a new shop website to fix the out of stock inventory issue and this sounds like a sensible improvement, to be fair this also affects other domestic retailers like Grin Tech who have product inventory issues with their website so to resolve uncertainty I typically send an email or call to confirm availability before placing an order.

Last edited:
I've long objected to these sorts of posts, but every vendor seems to get their turn.

In this post-Amazon world, we've begun to think every business ought to operate on an Amazon level.

I'm sure every reseller wishes they could send returns to the trash heap and not have their bottom line affected.

These are mom-and-pop shops. The heart of USA business. They answer inquiries, answer phones, and try their best to be the best. No excuses for bad practices or failed websites should be excepted, but smell the roses? See what the market for eBikes and parts is doing? Bafang has raised prices twice recently. And tariffs remain. ADD containers stuck on ships, or piled up in long queues to be processed... BRUTAL for the smaller shops.

I watched Luna from the inside in their first year. LOTS of hurdles and still more in dealing with Bafang. Those remaining selling Bafang kits do it from passion and drive to keep a DIY kit open source despite factory apathy.

My opinions are mine. They do not reflect the opinions of anyone I'm associated with.

You called the number listed on their webpage? The same number that has been there all along? I personally contacted the principals and reviewed emails. Why someone would imply a dealer was disingenuous regarding receiving email is beyond my sensibilities.

Thank goodness there are no timing and delivery problems with the eBike parts supply chain and battery deliveries…
I called the number on their webpage yesterday to figure out what happened and it was explained to me that Fedex had returned the package. Thats when I decided to cancel the order (on the phone)

The email address I used was [email protected] which appeared on one of the order forms.

Looking back, I should have just called but it was late at night and sending an email was easier.

I have worked from home for about 5 years and pretty much spend all day writing/communicating thru email. These all go thru fine. I also buy everything except groceries online. Its my experience that the only time I get the "I didnt get your email" response is when dealing with customer service issues like this. I suspect if you were not directly involved in this you might be able to see why I implied what I did(based on all my past experience). Perhaps its in their spam folder or was discarded as a mistake. That doesnt change the fact that I got no response. Thanks for looking into this tomjasz 👍 . BTW, why didnt doug do it? He has my email address and phone number from my order. Perhaps your email address should be on the order form instead? Why didnt doug even to this day contact me? A very simple email from him would have gone ALONG way. So I have to find out what happened second hand thru you on this EBR forum? Perhaps that should be on the order form? So I vent my frustrations here and now I am the bad guy?

I dont expect Amazon level service from California ebike. Please indicate where in my post I stated that. What I do expect is correct stock status and if that is not the case, a courtesy email telling me its out of stock. Many bike related companies do this (velocityusa - bike rim manufacturer). You order the rims (which have no stock status) and then will get a followup email stating they are out of stock, an expected 'in stock' date and a link to cancel the order.

I got no followup emails on the status of my order (3 weeks) until it shipped. IMHO, thats bad customer service and people should be aware of my experience.

I have no issues with US companies 'hoarding' parts. Isnt that what any US based company selling Bafang is doing? California ebike is one of the first places I go for many ebike parts and will continue to support them. My previous good experience with them is why I chose to buy a battery from them. I would have bought my two most recent BBSHDs(barebone) from them if their prices were not quite a bit higher than others ($729 vs $499 from Luna).

I understand it isnt californa ebikes problem that batteries might be sitting on ship waiting to be unloaded. What I do understand is that batteries I have bought from EM3EV directly arrive in two weeks (for a battery I bought about a month ago) when they are in stock.

I understand the bike parts shortage problem very well as I have built up 3 bikes from the frameset in the last year sometimes having to order parts from europe which was $$$.

Last edited:
Back