Our XP Lite finally arrived yesterday!

Balsa61

Region
USA
The XP Lite finally arrived yesterday. We took it out of the box and removed all packaging to inspect for damage. There was none - good job Lectric! It’s the blue one.

I pumped up the tires and noted that the battery was at 80%. Since we were being eaten by mosquitos (Minnesota!) I did a basic check that everything was tight.

This bike is for my wife and she wanted to take it for a ride. First impressions - she loves it. Mosquitos were swarming by now so the bike was put away. Battery went on charge overnight.

I’ll do the full check today when I get home from work so my wife can ride it some more. I’ll keep updating this post on our impressions, both good, bad and indifferent.

Great packaging and a pretty good bike for the cost.. Really cant be beat.. and the fun factor says it all.

The XP Lite finally arrived yesterday. We took it out of the box and removed all packaging to inspect for damage. There was none - good job Lectric! It’s the blue one.

I pumped up the tires and noted that the battery was at 80%. Since we were being eaten by mosquitos (Minnesota!) I did a basic check that everything was tight.

This bike is for my wife and she wanted to take it for a ride. First impressions - she loves it. Mosquitos were swarming by now so the bike was put away. Battery went on charge overnight.

I’ll do the full check today when I get home from work so my wife can ride it some more. I’ll keep updating this post on our impressions, both good, bad and indifferent.
Glad to hear you had positive first impressions!

I saw in the last week... 2 nationally televised (I'm in NY) Lectric XP Lite TV commercials while watching CNN and MSNBC. I have never seen a nationally televised eBike commercial on any cable network to this point. Those 30 second commercials are crazy expensive. Looks like Lectric has some serious cash now...so in my view there should be NO more excuses for not having a huge inventory always on hand, as they are no longer needing to finance their inventory on the backs of their customers.

I saw in the last week... 2 nationally televised (I'm in NY) Lectric XP Lite TV commercials while watching CNN and MSNBC. I have never seen a nationally televised eBike commercial on any cable network to this point. Those 30 second commercials are crazy expensive. Looks like Lectric has some serious cash now...so in my view there should be NO more excuses for not having a huge inventory always on hand, as they are no longer needing to finance their inventory on the backs of their customers.
True, but their inventory will also be at the mercy of supply issues like any other manufacturer these days.

How long from order day did it take to arrive?

How long from order day did it take to arrive?
Ordered on May 16th.
Shipped on May 31st - two weeks if you don't include Memorial Day. As promised by Lectric.
Then languished at FedEx in Phoenix until Saturday, June 4th - the promised delivery date.
To my surprise, it was delivered on Monday, June 6th. We live in Central Minnesota.

Reactions: BET
Ordered on May 16th.
Shipped on May 31st - two weeks if you don't include Memorial Day. As promised by Lectric.
Then languished at FedEx in Phoenix until Saturday, June 4th - the promised delivery date.
To my surprise, it was delivered on Monday, June 6th. We live in Central Minnesota.

Thanks!

First ride(s) update
My wife finally got to properly ride the Lite this weekend. Yesterday, we took the route she'd take to go to work at our local Elementary school - 4.7 mile round trip according to the display.

We live at the top of a small hill. She's never been able to ride up that hill on a pedal bike. She not only got to the top in PA3 but the triumphant grin on her face was worth the money we spent on the bike. That was when I eventually caught up with her.

Today we rode on the Soo Line trail. This is an old railway line that's turned into a walking and biking path. It's flat. On this, she found PA2 more to her liking. She found the Power Assist took too much of the work load and was going too fast. PA4 & 5 - fuh getta bout it! Way too fast!

She also didn't like the throttle only. Again, she felt it was way too fast and she felt less in control. This works for me or I'd be struggling to keep up on my pedal bike over longer distances.

I test rode it for a bit. I agree that the Assist comes on strong and suddenly but it's just a matter of getting used to. Having ridden motorcycles, I probably had more throttle control than my wife but I too preferred pedaling.

I highly suspect that I'll also be getting an ebike so I can keep up. With price and weight being important factors for us, I won't be surprised if we get another XP Lite … maybe the Sandstorm 😜

Step over height
When step over height is specified, it's at the lowest point of the top of the bar. And that is indeed 22" on the Lite.

But when we put our leg over, it's in front of the hinge. That height is actually 24" give or take a bit. That 2" may make a difference especially if one is shorter or has flexibility issues.

Step over height
When step over height is specified, it's at the lowest point of the top of the bar. And that is indeed 22" on the Lite.

But when we put our leg over, it's in front of the hinge. That height is actually 24" give or take a bit. That 2" may make a difference especially if one is shorter or has flexibility issues.
Hey Balsa61, glad you enjoyed your first true test ride with your wife. When we looked at ebikes, my wife would have preferred a step-through, but we took our chances with the XP Lite hoping the stand-over height wouldn’t be an issue with her. With the bike having overall dimensions shorter than the XP 2.0, she found the Lite actually easy to get on by tilting it and getting on it with leg over the back like in our younger years ;).

Also, you can adjust how strong the power assist comes on in the settings. It will show you how to change the setting in the owner’s manual. I believe it’s factory set at 3. I adjusted ours to 2 and it seemed to make a difference. I haven’t tried 1 yet, but it sounds like that might be the better adjustment for your wife. (Btw, the sandstorm color isn’t bad, but if I was to do it over again, I would have gone with the blue).

Btw, that triumphant grin on my wife’s face after that first hill told me she was keeping it. 🙂 And that’s why I then had to order one for myself! No regrets. Like I mentioned before, it may not be the “perfect” bike, but for the money it’s a fun bike to ride.

@Maineiac we've only had the bike a week so I don't want to change settings just yet. But changing that factory setting is definitely an option.

Also, that triumphant grin is priceless, isn't it? 😃

Early impressions: I've had my XP Lite for about 2 weeks, close to 50 miles. Good for commuting 4.5m each way; though because the bike is single speed I find myself relying more on the PAS without any shifting leverage. Prior commute was with my EJoe Epik SE (2016) and the EJoe had more torque. I would ride that primarily PAS 1/high gears and tap the throttle at hilly points/intersections. I'm at PAS 3-4 with the XP to maintain 13-15mph and feel guilty... and feel riding slow! Because of the 2.6'' width tires and short distance, don't feel necessary to add any suspension, though I might switch out the seat eventually. I did buy a little doohickey 😆to strap around the twist throttle to convert to a thumb push. Display is bright and large enough, a bit frustrating though to try to press + and - simultaneously to get avg and max trip speed, often it just follows the + command to increase PAS. So those are my minor grips. A smooth, consistent ride. Bike arrived in pristine condition, tires fully inflated, manual written clearly. XP Lite is good for my commute, but will be looking for something else for longer recreational rides.

I have the step thru xp 2.0! my husband and I Absolutely love it ! we are in montana.
What exactly makes it a lite?
My husband and I are both 6'2" tall so i had to filter our choices.
Sorry to hear about those annoying mosquitos!

Back