Ortlieb Back-Roller Urban QL3.1 Overview

Serialnerd

I recently pick up a Ortlieb Back-Roller Urban QL3.1 paneer and thought I would give a quick overview.

I really like the bag myself but the 3.1 lock system too a little to get used to...and a few YouTube videos on how it operates.

Overall it's a nice bag and will fit my need of daily work commuting.

Here are a few pictures of the 3.1 lock system, and the bag attached to the bike. I did add a few zip ties for added security.

Bill H.

Attachments

• DSC06470.JPG
    DSC06470.JPG
    355.4 KB · Views: 1,083
  • DSC06468.JPG
    DSC06468.JPG
    201.3 KB · Views: 605
  • DSC06471.JPG
    DSC06471.JPG
    230.2 KB · Views: 964
Ortlieb developed the QL3.1 system to make the bags more off-bike carrying friendly. With no protruding hooks on the bag itself, there is nothing to get snagged on clothes and whatnot. I like the idea, but personally I would probably only buy a QL3 bag if I also bought the Ortlieb Rack Three. I wouldn't trust the adapting hardware (and apparently you don't either).

Ortlieb developed the QL3.1 system to make the bags more off-bike carrying friendly. With no protruding hooks on the bag itself, there is nothing to get snagged on clothes and whatnot. I like the idea, but personally I would probably only buy a QL3 bag if I also bought the Ortlieb Rack Three. I wouldn't trust the adapting hardware (and apparently you don't either).

Yes, the attachment hardware looks solid enouph...but with that said I feel it's better to be safe then sorry. :)

Back