Ortlieb Back-Roller fit on Rad City

KenS

I was looking at the Ortlieb Back-Roller rear panniers and wondered if people had experience with their fit on a Rad City. Or are there other panniers that work well with this bike?

I was looking at the Ortlieb Back-Roller rear panniers and wondered if people had experience with their fit on a Rad City. Or are there other panniers that work well with this bike?
Many panniers out there would fit the RadCity. But if you are interested for the very best, the Ortlieb Back-Roller is it. Or anything Ortlieb for that matter. I've had mine for 6 years and they still work like they were brand new. Can't say the same for other brands that only lasted less than a year.

I've had my Ibera panniers for over a year now with no real issues other than they have scratched a lot of the finish off of the rack since they just have simple plastic hangers. They hold up well in the rain and have good storage space and were significantly cheaper than Ortliebs.

The only panniers I own are a set of Jandd Hurricanes that I've had for 12 years or so now. When I commute on my Rad City that's what I use.

Yes, I use Ortlieb city that has the same attachment system. They work great on my Rad City. Definitely recommended.

I bought an Ibera rack for my 2019 RadRover to save some money. It works perfectly after I replaced some suspect hardware that came with. Got stainless bolts and lock washers. I originally wanted an Arkel setup. Loved the design but they do not fit on that rack. I then decided on Ortlieb back rollers. They are bombproof, waterproof, and have a 5-year warranty. I bought them from my local REI who said they would handle anything that breaks during the warranty period. I paid the premium for top-notch bags and believe I got my money's worth. Of course, unless a terrorist nails you with a rocket-propelled grenade launcher. In which case I still believe you and the bike would be a smoking pile, but the bags would be ready to press on.

Back